PDA

View Full Version : Herbal Remedies For Parrots

Lady
09-09-2015, 04:25 AM
Although this is quite dated I feel it may come in handy for those of us who like natural home remedies.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
09-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Good reading and printing out for reference. Never heard of PAU D'ARCO-- so I appreciate this information. Not many anti-fungals out there.

Casper's 2nd best friend
09-09-2015, 03:23 PM
What an interesting link, I haven't had time to read it all but was interested in what they said about Aloe Detox for fatty livers. Perhaps we should have tried Casper with some when he was ill recently.

Lady
09-09-2015, 04:54 PM
I agree spiritbird, I never knew quite a few of these. And Casper's 2nd best friend, I wish I would of found it sooner as well.

Printing good information out is a great idea that I have to start doing. I was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to keep the printed information in a binder to read and re-read. It might even be good to keep it with their traveling information so it is always available if you need to pack up and go in a hurry.

Mare
09-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Very good info, Alice! Thanks for sharing that! We have lots of live aloe plants around the yard and I've always used it for burns but I didn't know it was also a pain killer and helps with bruising, good to know. The Aloe Detox sounds like an excellent product to have on hand, will have to look some up next time I'm out and about :)

Lady
09-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Mare,

I'm glad the link is helpful. Your very lucky to have the Aloe plant growing wild in your neck of the woods. I too am interested in the detox and will be researching to find out more about it.

Mare
09-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Alice, the aloe isn't wild here, we planted it but it acts like it's wild once it takes off, lots of baby shoots come up beside them. They do like the climate :)