PDA

View Full Version : A Parrot Gym To Die For

spiritbird
08-27-2015, 01:43 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Wouldn't you love to have this gem for your bird(s)?

Maddy
08-27-2015, 06:09 AM
I sure would! That is an awesome birdie gym.

spiritbird
08-27-2015, 12:59 PM
I think it must be made of diamonds and 14 K gold.

PeachyDoll
08-27-2015, 01:32 PM
:th_pinklol: At that price I guess it must be made of gold and diamonds.

We are planning on building Rosie a rolling playstand made of natural wood from trees on our property that fell in a natural disaster. The wood is so beautiful and the branches are the perfect length and size to create something nice for RB. I can't remember what kind of tree it was but it is safe for toos as we looked it up and have already made her rolling stand out of the same wood.

Once we get it completed we will post a photo of it. We will be looking at playstands for inspiration although I think ours will be very organic and funky. Just like our spunky Rosie.

kendrafitz
08-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Nice but too rich for my blood!!

Parrot_Lover
11-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Perhaps I'm not seeing it correctly. Why is it $2,200 for two perches over a tray?
It's nice that it is Stainless Steel.

plax
11-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Perhaps I'm not seeing it correctly. Why is it $2,200 for two perches over a tray?
It's nice that it is Stainless Steel.Welcome to PP, Parrot Lover! My guess is that the price is so high because it's being marketed by the World Parrot Trust store. The nearly $2,200 price tag likely serves as more of a donation figure to fund their many wild parrot preservation projects than as the true retail value of the product.

Parrot_Lover
11-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Thanks! That makes more sense.

plax
11-13-2015, 01:09 AM
Thanks! That makes more sense.No problem :)

spiritbird
11-13-2015, 03:37 AM
Keeps one from a tax deduction too.

Macaw Lover
11-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Not diamonds and gold but it is stainless steel and not the cheap quality. Actually, the back side is a plexiglass shield to keep those little beaks away from a window frame.

I have to say, it is very good quality, if you can swing the cost, and not some cheap thing thrown together. I have seem them and had my hands on them so I can attest to their quality. Three times I have helped them load back up after they have done a show and can say they take pride in what they have made to their specifications and sell.

spiritbird
11-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Thanks for that input. I wonder if one could take out a 2 year loan for this stand. Just a thought. Sort of like a new car with leather seats and all the other nice things that come with it.

This one is more affordable but much smaller. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

PlaxMacaws
11-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks for that input. I wonder if one could take out a 2 year loan for this stand. Just a thought. Sort of like a new car with leather seats and all the other nice things that come with it.

This one is more affordable but much smaller. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Or [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

...but I don't like those because there's far too little room for the bird. Despite the window view, it seems kind of tortuous to expect a bird to remain perched on only a few inches of wooden dowel.

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-14-2015, 06:09 PM
But putting too higher price on it puts off buyers, if they sell four times as many for half the price they will make more money (depending on manufacturing costs of course).
Edited to add: And the $220 fixed shipping costs seem a bit steep.

spiritbird
11-14-2015, 10:47 PM
The birds do not look natural sitting on those things. What every happened to tree branches? That is why I just love the creations Dave makes.
I have put most off perches he makes I the cage and the nice stand for them to fly to. He even sells pieces of his left over wood for the birds to chew up. Actually if you design something for your bird he will make it for your bird.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]