PDA

View Full Version : Yay Grey Bird (:

Maddy
08-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Grey Bird has stepped up for me and let me hold him multiple times yesterday and today! I'm so thrilled!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
08-25-2015, 03:05 AM
Aw he has come a long way with your care.

Zoo mom
08-25-2015, 06:47 AM
That is awesome. He looks so much better than when you got him.

Mr Peepers
08-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Congrats at getting Grey Bird out of his cage and in and on to your loving hands! You've done so well with him since he came to live with you. :th_smile:

Maddy
08-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Thank guys! I am so happy! :)

Mr Peepers
08-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Thank guys! I am so happy! :)

Happy like Grey Bird is! :th_smile:

PeachyDoll
08-26-2015, 04:26 PM
How rewarding Maddy that he has stepped up. I have to admit that I'm working with Rosie to do this too but alas she is still coming out of her hormonal stage. Maybe in a month I'll offer up my wrist and pray that it doesn't get amputated. I think you've got a great idea there, I'll give Rosie a big fat walnut in the shell so she has something in her beak and won't bite me.

Yah Grey Bird!!!

Lady
08-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Oh how wonderful! :th_yah: It's such a great feeling when they do what you've been trying to get them to do. Keep up the good work both of you.

Mare
08-26-2015, 11:07 PM
That's awesome! Good job, Maddy! Pretty birdy :)

Maddy
08-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Thanks! :)

When I hold GB, he grabs my fingers with his beak. He doesn't bite them, but just grabs them. Also, his nails are HORRIBLE. He needs them cut. I have so many scratches and tiny cuts on my arms and hands from them!

plax
08-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Grey Bird looks entirely at ease in your photos, Maddy. I know what a great feeling it is to be accepted by a new bird. Especially when the bird has been through a difficult past. Things can only get better between you and GB from here :D. Congrats!

Mare
08-31-2015, 09:35 PM
Thanks! :)

When I hold GB, he grabs my fingers with his beak. He doesn't bite them, but just grabs them. Also, his nails are HORRIBLE. He needs them cut. I have so many scratches and tiny cuts on my arms and hands from them!

Amigo is good about his nails being cut by me, Sassy not so much. Something I've learned, though, is when they hang on the bars of their cage..you can usually talk sweet things to them, get a grip on a nail and do a few clips! :). Chip needs his done but I don't dare go there!

wingman
08-31-2015, 09:48 PM
Way to go Maddy:goodjob: