PDA

View Full Version : Done cleaning disinfecting big cage today

wingman
08-23-2015, 10:27 PM
Morning started out bad uncovered my budgies and saw a little German cockroach run into a crevase of the cage. Saw the 2 black stripes down his back and his Helmut! Round got help out with a link from plax that vinegar and dawn kill them pretty fast the dawn suffocates them the vinegar kills the eggs . anyway got the budgies into another cage that was already clean moved the 2 eggs in a small bowl with surroundred paper towel for a bedding and put a paper towel over the bowl like a tent in hope that candy will go keep them warm tonight till the plywood breeder box drys out good ! Yes I cleaned it too. I hate roaches the is only the second time I have seen one around my birds I think it came in with a paper grocery bag but I will not tolerate roaches around my birds. Anybody else ever have this happen to them before?

spiritbird
08-24-2015, 02:05 AM
Oh my that was a scare. Only bugs I ever had were ants in my cats food bowl. That was a long time ago. The apartment people are pretty good about exterminator treatments on a regular schedule where I live. What they use is not supposed to harm animals.
Hope the eggs are OK.

Mare
08-24-2015, 03:49 AM
Oooo..I HATE roaches! Such nasty creatures :th_shocked3: Is this German cockroach different, more horrible than other types of roaches? I hope your eggs get mamas attention to keep them alive. I'm batteling little black ants, at the moment.

wingman
08-24-2015, 06:32 AM
german roaches are most common in restaurants they are hard to get rid of when the numbers swell. i hope i got him

Mr Peepers
08-24-2015, 06:11 PM
I hope you got him wingman, they are so horrible to deal with if you end up with one in the house. German cockroaches are both male and female when they meet up with another cockroach they can mate it doesn't matter the other cockroaches sex. Both roaches might walk away with an egg sack forming full of baby roaches.

A single mating once of a cockroach is enough to keep that roach producing egg sacks of baby roaches for over 5 years. :th_shocked3:

Its common that roaches are seeking out water when they are roaming around at night, so I would remove any seed water dishes or any food substances from your birds cages each evening. When its dark and your birds are sleeping they won't need any food or water anyways.