PDA

View Full Version : Question about "new post quotes"

Mare
08-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Hi! Recently I've been receiving Notifications from peeps that are using my quotes for something..?.. Maybe I'm out of the loop or behind the times,,what's up with "new post quotes"? Thanks :)

plax
08-22-2015, 10:05 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Hope this helps :)

spiritbird
08-22-2015, 10:36 PM
I turned off the alerts, at least I thought I did. Still getting them. Don't want them.

Mare
08-22-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm with you, Dianne..too weird for me, I don't like it. I will try and turn it off. Thanks for the info, Tony!

plax
08-22-2015, 11:40 PM
I turned off the alerts, at least I thought I did. Still getting them. Don't want them.Which type of alerts are you still getting, Dianne? And which of the boxes did you check mark?

Below are the check box titles to disable email notifications:

Disable Mention Emails

Disable Thread Tag Emails

Disable Quote Emails

Disable Hash Tag Subscription Emails

And as for the notification alerts you receive while you're logged in (i.e., the ones that highlight the word "notifications" in black at the upper right-hand corner of your screen), the check box titles for disabling those are as follows:

Hide Mention Alerts

Hide Tag Alerts

Hide Quote Alerts

Hide Hash Alerts

Did you put a check mark in each of those boxes?

EDIT: Oh, and I forget to mention... you have to click on Save Changes after ticking the boxes, too :)

spiritbird
08-23-2015, 12:01 AM
I just did what Nick said. I really do not know which specific one. Sorry. I just like it the way it was. Simple.

plax
08-23-2015, 12:24 AM
I just did what Nick said. I really do not know which specific one. Sorry. I just like it the way it was. Simple.I understand wanting it to be simple. If you tell me which alerts you don't want to receive, I can tell you exactly which boxes to place a check mark in and save :). And BTW, Nick is the one who recommended this modification to me ;). It seems we have a group of members who like the mod and another group who do not :(

colbon2
08-23-2015, 01:48 AM
I like knowing if people have mentioned me or commented using alerts.

plax
08-23-2015, 02:14 AM
I like knowing if people have mentioned me or commented using alerts.Well, Nikki, the mod definitely has its benefits. It starts out with everything enabled and lets each member disable as many of the alerts as they wish. I think it may be a matter of everyone realizing how to do that, though. I can certainly understand how it must be for those who may have felt content with things as they were... and then suddenly found themselves bombarded with alert messages everywhere. That could be quite irritating in some cases :(. We simply need to get everyone familiar with how to customize their alert settings :)

Thanks for sharing your opinion :D

spiritbird
08-23-2015, 02:42 AM
The one I am used to is spiritbird. The rest no thanks.

plax
08-23-2015, 03:02 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Disable Thread Tag Emails

Disable Quote Emails

Disable Hash Tag Subscription Emails

Hide Tag Alerts

Hide Quote Alerts

Hide Hash Alerts

... and leave Disable Mention Emails and Hide Mention Alerts unchecked, then hit Save Changes :)

Mr Peepers
08-23-2015, 04:16 PM
oooops! :th_biggrin: