PDA

View Full Version : Formula feeding question...

sabryel
08-15-2015, 12:32 AM
Hello all,
I just got my very first green cheeked conure last week. She is about 3 months and almost weened, but I was told to still give her some formula a few times a day for another week or so. She does eat millet throughout the day and attempts to eat some seed as well. My question is that I left her formula at work and cannot get in the building to get it until I go in in the morning. (I bring her to work with me) Since she is eating other things beside her formula is it okay (and safe) to skip her evening feeding, or should I go to the store and find some baby bird formula? I understand that the guy probably shouldn't have given me her until she was 100% weened, but he did and I love her so much already and she barely leaves my side unless she's playing with her toys... so please be understanding, I only want what's best for my little girl. Thank you in advance!

Lady
08-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Hi sabryel,

Welcome to PP and congrats on your new baby! Got pics? Sorry but I never had one so young to give you any advice. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help you out.

What's your baby's name?

Mr Peepers
08-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Can you contact the person you got the bird from? I'm sure they will be happy to give you some formula. You might find the bird calling for it if it really wants/needs it and that's not good for the bird as their begging for food can be annoying, which means it won't be good for you either as you will be worried and stressed.

Good luck.

spiritbird
08-15-2015, 08:22 PM
The person who gave you this bird should have kept the bird until fully weaned. There are so many potential problems in hand feeding a bird, especially if you are not experienced. I do recommend Harrisons juvenile formula. I do not think you can get it in a store and there is a problem now with Kaytee exact bird formulas so I would not touch that. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]