Cockatoos with attitudes videos

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

zeus
08-14-2015, 12:31 AM
Nice video's :th_smile:

Mare
08-14-2015, 05:13 AM
I totally admire this guy, he has a way with birds that we can all only aspire to. Thanks for the videos, Dianne, I really enjoyed :)

PeachyDoll
08-14-2015, 03:32 PM
I've seen this video before on youtube. Peaches is beautiful. I know what he means that a Moluccan can hit 125+ decibels (2nd loudest bird in the world) He does a great job of explaining being mated to a bird and grooming the keratin sheath to release new pin feathers.

Mare
08-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Yes, PeachyDoll! They are precious!

Mr Peepers
08-14-2015, 05:49 PM
I love Peaches! So beautiful and he's done well with her as she's calm and relaxed in the video.

I was laughing at the picture behind him on the wall as the bottom is chewed to pieces and when the camera pans to the right you can see the massive amounts of white feather dust on a cabinet of some source. His house could probably produce enough powder to keep a baby's bottom dry for a year.

The 2 mannican too's on the back of the sofa are too cute! So calm as well. Great clips.

PeachyDoll
08-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Ha Ha I didn't even notice the picture frame with all the cockatoos on screen. You sure can tell the cockatoos have been decorating. Good eye Mr. P!!

spiritbird
08-14-2015, 07:26 PM
Cockatoos have the most dust of any other bird. I know a rescue person who had to give up the love of his life - several cockatoos and one of his own because his lungs were affected and Dr. gave him orders. He went into a deep depression after giving up all of his toos.

Mr Peepers
08-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Cockatoos have the most dust of any other bird. I know a rescue person who had to give up the love of his life - several cockatoos and one of his own because his lungs were affected and Dr. gave him orders. He went into a deep depression after giving up all of his toos.

A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] how sad, unfortunately there is no air purifier available that can do a good job on TOO dust. Once the dust affects your lungs it never goes away, and it usually means giving up your bird friends. :(

kendrafitz
08-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Dianne - great videos, thank you for sharing them. :)

I'm sorry about your friend. That is really awful!

spiritbird
08-14-2015, 11:54 PM
Last time I saw him with his big cockatoo on a stage talking about them he rubbed down the birds back and his hand was pure white. He has little birds now but after a too in your life it's just not the same joy he says. He was a cockatoo whisperer.