PDA

View Full Version : Seems to be working out for the lovebirds! So far!

wingman
08-06-2015, 07:01 PM
They all came out and got some flight time and recess for about 5 hrs today! Plus I made a discovery, I put my tablet on YouTube to an hour long video of lovebirds singing! The next thing I knew I had Rio sitting on my shoulder watching the video and chatting with the birds on screen and then Mango comes over lands on top of the device hanging his head over upside down watching also! That is the first time Mango has ever got that close to me. Maybe this could be used as a trust building tool????? Of course Rio had to do that also and in the process bit me a couple times but when Rio bites I say no Rio and usually stops her but sometimes she draws blood from such a sharp point on her beak! I don't think it is intentional. She lands on my shoulder or chest and arm without problems. It's just sometimes she has to bite that hand!!! All in all a good day!

Mr Peepers
08-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Keep watching more videos, keep her interest and see how it goes with training her and building trust. Just don't let her see those many mating lovie vid's. :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
08-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Good job! I often play the bird sounds on my Kindle and the birds really go crazy.