PDA

View Full Version : 3 in 1 big tall flight cage

wingman
08-05-2015, 08:56 PM
I decided today to put Rio in the same big cage with Gracie and mango. They all seem to be getting along so far.3 lovebirds 1 male and 2 females. Any thoughts!

spiritbird
08-05-2015, 09:04 PM
The females may get into tiffs with each other. Personally I would not do this. Have you though of getting another mate for Gracie?

Mr Peepers
08-05-2015, 09:09 PM
I look forward to hearing how things go between everyone :)

wingman
08-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Can't afford another mate right now, but my thinking was in the wild the lovebirds are in groups . I think there will be a period of getting use to but I believe it will be ok

Mr Peepers
08-05-2015, 09:27 PM
The only thing I'd be on watch for is to make sure there are a couple of food dishes so they don't fight over seeds.

Lady
08-05-2015, 09:27 PM
I hope all works out for all of you. Stay close by just in case you need to stop a squabble.

wingman
08-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Got 2 food and 2 water dishes plenty of perches millet for all and swings plus toys for them so far so good!!!!!

Mr Peepers
08-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Best of luck!

spiritbird
08-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Lucky male to be with two gals.

Mare
08-06-2015, 04:45 AM
I've seen multiple love birds in one cage in the pet store I visit, not to say this is a good thing but they seemingly get along ok. I agree that lots of perches and feed/water bowls are important. Keeping watch to make sure no one's getting picked on is probably most important.

Mr Peepers
08-06-2015, 05:47 PM
I've seen multiple love birds in one cage in the pet store I visit, not to say this is a good thing but they seemingly get along ok. I agree that lots of perches and feed/water bowls are important. Keeping watch to make sure no one's getting picked on is probably most important.

I suppose it all depends on the birds if they will get along together, a friend of mine bought two cuddly love birds and brought them home placing them in a large flight cage with lots of toys perches and double the food and water dishes. She was sad to see one bird was really aggressive of the other one and started ripping out the other birds feathers and tried keeping it from eating any time it went to a dish. Odd because the 2 birds were cuddly and close while at the store in the main cage with many other lovies, she thought they were a happy couple.

She had to separate the abused lovie placing it in its own cage where it did fine on its own. When she let both birds out to have free time they were fine together playing preening and sharing food from a tray on top of the flight cage. But if the 2nd lovie tried to go back to the larger flight cage the other lovie would attack it and tear out feathers abusing it again.

Its been well over 2 years and both birds live in their own cages and always will.

Mare
08-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Territorial aggression is real. I've seen it and to me, it makes me sad for the other bird and/or person that's getting the aggression pointed toward them :(

Mr Peepers
08-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Territorial aggression is real. I've seen it and to me, it makes me sad for the other bird and/or person that's getting the aggression pointed toward them :(

I hear ya, crazy what we go through and learn about our little/big feathered friends. They are very complex at times.