PDA

View Full Version : member tagging functionality added

plax
08-01-2015, 02:49 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

colbon2
08-01-2015, 05:43 AM
sweet I am new and this sounds wonderful!

spiritbird
08-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Oh good. I really like this feature. plax

plax
08-01-2015, 03:27 PM
For information, currently hash tag references won't become active unless they are moved outside of any bbcode formatting tag enclosures. So this means that in order to post an active hash tag reference, you may need to click the Switch Editor to Source Mode button (the leftmost one) so you can view all bbcode tags within your message and then make sure that any hash tag references are not placed between any existing opening and closing bbcode tags. I'm hoping for an easier workaround than this, but I won't promise anything. Confirming that our hash tag references are placed properly is likely something we may simply have to become used to doing. It's not really that difficult... just a bit of a pain :(

PeachyDoll
08-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Paging Mr Peepers

This is a test...

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 05:37 PM

This is a test...

It worked PD! I got your tag.

This will be so cool !

Thanks Tony!

plax
08-01-2015, 08:24 PM
You're welcome.

spiritbird
08-01-2015, 11:03 PM
These are starting to mount up in the notifications. How are they deleted. Can it be automatic after a few days?

Lady
08-01-2015, 11:08 PM

plax
08-01-2015, 11:36 PM
These are starting to mount up in the notifications. How are they deleted. Can it be automatic after a few days?I can set it to auto-prune the mentions. You might ask others what they think the number of days should be, and tell me what you think it should be, so I can have some idea. I'll then configure the prune interval accordingly. It can be any number of days... like 7, or 14, or 30, etc. Let me know :)

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 11:37 PM
These are starting to mount up in the notifications. How are they deleted. Can it be automatic after a few days?

From what I remember is they don't delete, you just click on your user profile and click on the tabs for either Mentions or Quotes and you will see the very newest quotes or mentions up top with date and time everyday.

As more quotes and mentions happen the older ones lower on the page and will separate by the next days date.

If you see my pic of quotes and mentions below, you will see Tony mentioned me yesterday and the time and date separates the last 24 hours of mentions and quotes.

I like that they are always there day after day if I should need to look up anything.

spiritbird
08-02-2015, 01:01 AM
I would like to see them auto delete in one week. What do other members think?

Maddy
08-02-2015, 01:33 AM
Awesome! :th_biggrin:

Lady
08-02-2015, 01:49 AM

Idk if it worked but I put Mr Peepers name in the box on the top above where the thread starts. This is a test.....

Maddy
08-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Alice, I entered your username up top. Did it do anything?

Lady
08-02-2015, 02:21 AM
Yes Maddy, it did. I got the notification. Thanks for doing that, now I know it works.

plax
08-02-2015, 02:25 AM

By the way, I'll be deleting the hash tag test thread from the testing section very soon and creating a new test thread. The posts of anyone who commented there will go away along with the thread :(. It's all in the name of testing :D

spiritbird
08-02-2015, 03:28 AM
Tony - are you having fun?

plax
08-02-2015, 05:07 AM
Tony - are you having fun?No. Not really, Dianne.

spiritbird
08-02-2015, 12:04 PM
I guess I am a party pooper because I do not like getting so many e mails from PP. Its almost like spam when you are tagged and notified. So please no one tag me. thanks

Mr Peepers
08-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Awesome! :th_biggrin:

Hashy worked for me Maddy Thanks! :th_biggrin:

Mr Peepers
08-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Tony - are you having fun?

LOL, I bet Tony is cursing me.

I keep on contacting him with problems I've been having on the board yestersday. But he's persevered and fixed them quickly without grumbles. :th_smile:

No. Not really, Dianne.

Smile Tony, we are all grateful for your hard work and effort. Thanks again.

Mr Peepers
08-02-2015, 03:24 PM
I guess I am a party pooper because I do not like getting so many e mails from PP. Its almost like spam when you are tagged and notified. So please no one tag me. thanks

Dianne, go to your settings. Scroll down to the bottom on the left side of options and look for your options for USER TAGS .... Click on it so it opens a new window. In the new window you can turn on or off the notification for emails by putting a check mark in the boxes to shut off the email notifications, you won't get an email each time someone tags mentions or quotes you.

Remember to click on SAVE after you put check marks in the boxes you want.

You won't get any more emails for these tag mention or quotes anymore, you will only see the tags and quotes and mentions when you click on your Profile.

plax
08-02-2015, 07:03 PM

spiritbird
08-02-2015, 07:58 PM
OK Nick your instructions were very helpful. Thanks.

Lady
08-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Tony. I was wondering when I would figure out how the # works.

plax
08-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Tony. I was wondering when I would figure out how the # works.You're welcome, Alice :)

Mr Peepers
08-03-2015, 06:22 PM
OK Nick your instructions were very helpful. Thanks.

I was sad and worried you posted to the members not to tag you, you being staff we will always tag and bug you so you need to be aware of us and be notified.

But now that you won't be receiving email notices it will be better for you.

Be prepared for 40 annoying tags a day from me about absolutely NOTHING at all. :th_biggrin:

Macaw Lover
08-04-2015, 06:24 PM
This feature can be really helpful, thanks for getting this working guys! :highfive: