PDA

View Full Version : Which Wild Bird is Your Favorite?

spiritbird
07-30-2015, 03:19 AM
Just curious which wild bird is your favorite? And please post a photo.

Here is mine 3085 Snowy Owl

And for Parrot: 3086 Meyers

Mr Peepers
07-30-2015, 05:47 PM
I love snowy owls they are so beautiful great choices Dianne.

Personally I'm a sucker for tiny birds so I love hummingbirds, there are over 300 different species of hummers in the world. They are incredibly territorial and have been witnessed chasing larger birds like hawks away from their area they call home.

Look at this little fat blobby hummer! :th_rofl:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

As for my favorite pet domestic bird I will always choose canaries. They are full of personality, crafty, they sing like heavenly angels and eat everything you put in front of them.

spiritbird
07-31-2015, 12:13 AM
I just watched a great show in PBS about a lady bird rehabber who specializes in hummers. Beautiful photos. Angelo do you have any hummingbird photos?

kendrafitz
07-31-2015, 12:28 AM
I would have to say hummingbirds. We have a few hibiscus out by the pool in the summer. Everytime a hummingbird comes by it is like xmas. We all get super excited. They are so little and fast!

Love the pics by the way! Since Mr Peepers already posted hummingbirds, I will just latch onto his. ;)

PeachyDoll
08-01-2015, 09:16 PM
I'm a hummingbird fan too. Here is our chubby resident hummingbird feeder hog monster:

spiritbird
08-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Hummers are winning here. They are difficult to take a good photo of.

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 11:56 PM
I'm a hummingbird fan too. Here is our chubby resident hummingbird feeder hog monster:

Wow, what an interesting beak and colors. :th_smile:

Lady
08-01-2015, 11:59 PM
Wow this is a tough question, there are so many beautiful birds to choose from. I'm not even sure of all the one's I hear in the early morning hours right outside my house. But of the one's I do see it's a toss up between a Cardinal and a Bluejay. Sorry I do not have a pic of my own to share of either.