PDA

View Full Version : Is this oven bird safe?

SissyCool
07-30-2015, 01:40 AM
I live in a small area with my animals and I'm looking for some good small appliances to use. I have a nuwave oven, but I don't like that plastic dome so I only used it a couple of times and when I lived in a larger home. I'm looking at this oven. It's all glass, so no hot plastic smell. I've read lots of reviews and it seems a good one. I can't find any mention of nonstick stuff or all those alphabet coatings that are usually listed. I was just wanting some opinions on this.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-30-2015, 11:01 AM
These are good if you want a hot meal after a days work but are a one trick pony and take up a lot of space when not being used.
When I read the thread title I was expecting a picture of an oven bird:
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Lady
07-30-2015, 12:17 PM
I tried searching for information on whether or not they are safe for using around birds but didn't find any. Maybe you should call the manufacturer. Maybe it would be best to search the bulb that does the heating and see if it admits any fumes itself. I bet they get super hot since that is what cooks everything.

Mr Peepers
07-30-2015, 05:34 PM
I think the only thing I would worry about is if the birds can see the light while its in use, it will be intensely bright so you don't want them staring at if their cage is close by when you use it.

Other then that it looks like it would be a good product to own, I have a convection oven that cooks a 3 1/2 pound chicken in less than an hour perfectly. You will cook food way faster then ever which saves you money by not boosting a power bill and it won't heat up your kitchen like the larger ovens do.

SissyCool
08-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Thanks all for the advice! :)