PDA

View Full Version : An accident waiting to happen

PeachyDoll
07-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Last night Rosie got her toenail stuck in her travel cage. Luckily hubby (her person) was home and I noticed immediately that she was stuck. She was doing her walking around the top of her travel cage which is in our bedroom and suddenly stopped and she began trying to yank her foot away but couldn't. The thing is, it was never meant to be a cage for Rosie, we recycled it from another bird that had past away about 10 years earlier. We thought it would make a good travel cage except that bird was about 1/2 of Rosie's size. She is usually perched on top of it during the day while we are in the office/bedroom working. Where her nail got caught was in the top trim of this cage that has some fancy braid like open looped decoration. The smaller bird probably wouldn't have encountered this issue since her feet were 1/2 the size of Rosie's. With a flashlight and a gentle push of an orange stick hubby was able to free Rosie's toe. Thankfully, as soon as Rosie's nail was free she went about her business and there was no blood or damage.

We are in search a new (non decorative travel cage for Rosie today)!

Mr Peepers
07-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Poor Boo Boo Bird, I'm glad there was no damage and she didn't fuss about it. :th_smile:

kendrafitz
07-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Poor Rosie! You must have been a wreck. So glad that you were able to get her toe out unscathed!!

spiritbird
07-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Good thing someone was there to help her. I know it also upsets the birds to get a toe caught. Kobe did that once and screamed bloody murder!

94lt1
07-29-2015, 01:00 AM
Glad she didn't go ballistic.. That's always important..

Lady
07-29-2015, 02:36 AM
Yay for Rosie and her human flock member~ such a happy ending for something that could of been worse.

PlaxMacaws
07-29-2015, 02:36 AM
I'm glad Rosie's okay!

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Good girl Rosie, you didn't panic.
You can never tell when these incidents are going to happen, Casper caught his foot in the catch that kept the top of his cage closed. Enough to make him limp for a while. To prevent it from happening again we removed the catch and just let gravity hold the doors shut.

colbon2
07-31-2015, 04:19 AM
Glad she is okay and not bothered by the incident