PDA

View Full Version : Its Like Christmas Morning Here

spiritbird
07-17-2015, 09:26 PM
I do not get new toys very often due to finances but when I do its a celebration! I love TNT toys and Jen custom made one for my Linnies. She also has Linnies. Put the new toy in the cage and within seconds they were attacking the new comer. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Great pic! I see Tango and Kobe are buddies already.
Casper thought that the cardboard box we gave him to play with today was going to kill him. He normally loves playing in them and making his own windows. He even went around the back of his cage to climb down onto the floor, then walked sideways and backwards away from it until he was behind the armchair. It must have been the pattern printed on it that upset him but I can't think why.
So it was taken away and some old toys brought out of the cupboard with treats hidden in. We were forgiven.

spiritbird
07-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Aw Casper was afraid. Daddy to the rescue.

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-18-2015, 08:42 AM
Haha, It was Supermom actually. I was still trying to convince him it wasn't evil.

Mr Peepers
07-18-2015, 05:02 PM
I do not get new toys very often due to finances but when I do its a celebration! I love TNT toys and Jen custom made one for my Linnies. She also has Linnies. Put the new toy in the cage and within seconds they were attacking the new comer. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Maybe you can put some folded up cupcake tins with some seeds in them tucked between the sections of blocks would make some fun foraging for your linnies?

Great toy!

spiritbird
07-18-2015, 10:24 PM
Peeps that's a great idea. When I woke up this am you could not imagine how many wood chips were on the carpet. Not the cage bottom but the carpet. Now how did they do that?

Mr Peepers
07-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Peeps that's a great idea. When I woke up this am you could not imagine how many wood chips were on the carpet. Not the cage bottom but the carpet. Now how did they do that?

Wood chips fly easily all over when the birds flap in their cage, if their wings are growing in and they are in a moult they might be stretching their wings and flapping like happy linnies.

I always see a lot of flapping and a million seed husks everywhere when SPX is moulting. :th_biggrin:

PS.. when I said cupcake tins I actually meant the cup cake paper liners.

spiritbird
07-19-2015, 12:08 AM
I have re useable cupcake liners. Would have to buy them.

Mare
07-19-2015, 01:46 AM
Sweet toy, Dianne! Looks and sounds like they are doing their job!..destroy and conquer!

spiritbird
07-19-2015, 03:57 AM
For sure.

Maddy
07-20-2015, 12:34 AM
What a cute toy! It looks like they are enjoying it!

spiritbird
07-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Here is a photo of the other toys. Its a small basket which is quickly being destroyed. Jen from TNT wants a photo for her web page so I took some more.

spiritbird
07-21-2015, 04:45 AM
So why do birds chew? Is it instinctual for nest building?

Mr Peepers
07-21-2015, 05:56 PM
So why do birds chew? Is it instinctual for nest building?

Mostly they chew wood to clean and sharpen their beaks and nails.

spiritbird
07-21-2015, 11:44 PM
The basket died today.

Mr Peepers
07-22-2015, 04:10 PM
The basket died today.

A successful toy! Linnie approved.

colbon2
07-31-2015, 04:10 AM
oh i love your Linnies :D

spiritbird
07-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Thank you. As you know Linnies are adorable birds. They will thrive with a Linnie cage mate better than being the only one of their species.

colbon2
08-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Thank you. As you know Linnies are adorable birds. They will thrive with a Linnie cage mate better than being the only one of their species.

i want another one I can't decide between the Green or yellow... :D

spiritbird
08-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Green is their natural color in the wild and very pretty. My breeder strives for green Linnies.

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 06:17 PM
i want another one I can't decide between the Green or yellow... :D

Yellow! Call it MONKEY!

I will come and steal it from you.

Anna will laugh if she reads this. :th_biggrin: BTW she's not a member but we could persuade her to come.

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Green is their natural color in the wild and very pretty. My breeder strives for green Linnies.

Nikki and I are on another board with a linnie lover who had a batch of chicks this spring, they were adorable to watch as they grew up and reading about all the problems that happened between the father and one chick was so interesting.

The mother was a bright banana colored yellow. Papa soon started to harass the one chick that was also banana colored yellow so the owner Anna had a problem to deal with.

Anna sold the chick called Monkey and soon all the other chicks and mama linnie decided Papa was okay and they would let him hang around with them again. The chicks were not happy that the father bird was so mean to the little Monkey bird.

colbon2
08-01-2015, 07:20 PM
oh right Monkey hahahahaha lol I think banana would be even funnier

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 07:22 PM
oh right Monkey hahahahaha lol I think banana would be even funnier

Agreed Banana linnie would have been funnier. :th_biggrin:

I just sent her a message maybe she will come?

spiritbird
08-01-2015, 08:25 PM
I hope Kobe is not a mean daddy.

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 09:10 PM
I hope Kobe is not a mean daddy.

I think with Anna's linnies one little bird looked exactly like his mate so he was not nice to that chick because he wanted to mate again.

Kobe will be a good papa bird. :th_smile: