PDA

View Full Version : The Wild Parrots of Florida

spiritbird
07-17-2015, 12:56 PM
We still have wild parrots in US. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

PeachyDoll
07-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Wow!! So stunning. I love how they are all cuddled so close on the railing and the Macaws are incredibly beautiful in the trees and in flight. I also LOVE the green parrot on the screen of the sliding glass door. Hey you got any fruit in there?

Thanks for sharing Dianne! How special to be able to capture all these beauties.

spiritbird
07-17-2015, 05:04 PM
I am looking at these bird and amazed there are wild Macaws living in Florida. Had no idea.

Mr Peepers
07-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Parrots wild and free living in Florida makes sense, the weather is perfect for them and food would be plentiful in that hot environment.

I saw a documentary in England of wild parrots there which really surprised me. England has horrible cold snowy winter weather yet these parrots manage to live in the wild there.

There have been reports that there could now be 20,000 wild parrots, including parakeets, living in England, with the largest concentration around London and the South East.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
07-17-2015, 08:51 PM
So sad that we lost Sir. David. He has made some excellent bird videos.

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Not having a television I have not seen that program before so thanks for sharing.
I have a friend who sells bird seed mix for garden birds from his fruit and veg shop in Maidstone. Over twenty tons a week and that's just one of many shops.
I don't think any parakeet that tried to roost in Casper's Magnolia tree would be welcomed with open wings.

Lady
07-18-2015, 02:33 AM
How exciting it must be to have wild parrots living in your own neighborhood let alone on your property. Florida doesn't sound so bad after all :).

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Check out Parrots of Telegraph Hill, its about San Francisco parrots

spiritbird
07-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Oh yes I have watched that video and read the book. Loved it!

for anyone that has not seen the video here it is:

Mr Peepers
07-18-2015, 05:06 PM
So sad that we lost Sir. David. He has made some excellent bird videos.

He was a great naturalist with the perfect voice to narrate these programs, I enjoyed watching his many documentary's and programs and often view youtubes to see his work again. He is missed. :th_smile:

Mr Peepers
07-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Check out Parrots of Telegraph Hill, its about San Francisco parrots

Thank you for the info for this.

Oh yes I have watched that video and read the book. Loved it!

for anyone that has not seen the video here it is:

Thanks Dianne!