PDA

View Full Version : Good Cage, Good Price

spiritbird
06-08-2015, 08:21 PM
If you are wanting a new cage this is the deal for you. This is the cage I have now and I love it, so do the birds. Its a flight cage so you can decorate it as you wish. The price is excellent today but may change tomorrow. Petco does that with the flight cages. I paid much more. I believe delivery is included. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]=petco.come+flight+cages&tbm=shop&spd=7266665076587350398

Lady
06-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Altho it is a very nice cage, I don't think I would pick it for Lady. I am interested more in a play top or something like this

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I hope to be going to flea markets more this summer.

spiritbird
06-09-2015, 01:48 AM
No this cage is for small birds not for Lady.

Merrick
06-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Would it be good for a tiel or do i need something bigger

Mare
06-24-2015, 04:20 AM
Merrick, there is NO cage big enough for ANY bird! Hi! Welcome to the forum, I don't think I've met you yet :). I have a cockatiel named Chip, awesome bird!

Robyn
06-24-2015, 05:29 AM
If its the first one your referring to I love it. I have had Riley in it since I brought him home. Now Riley and Carolina are both in it and sometimes I have to really look to find them once Eclipse is big enough he will be put in it as well and there will still be plenty of room.

Merrick
06-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Merrick, there is NO cage big enough for ANY bird! Hi! Welcome to the forum, I don't think I've met you yet :). I have a cockatiel named Chip, awesome bird!

Thank you for the welcome and advice

spiritbird
06-24-2015, 05:05 PM
This is the cage I have but the price went up as expected. From time to time Petco lowers the prices. You just have to keep on watching the cage or that. This cage is good for most any small bird but not the of greys or larger. Cockatiel would be fine. One that is.

Robyn
06-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Every time I click the link I get a list of bird cages

Mr Peepers
06-24-2015, 05:54 PM
I believe spiritbird's cage she wanted to show in her link is similar to this one. Its a tall cage 6 ft high or slightly lower it has a separate base on wheels and comes with either one or two doors, it has a pull out easy to clean heavy duty plastic tray to catch seeds and poops or more and has a separate moveable grate that covers your tray which is good as tiels tend to hang out on the bottom of the cage.

It has a much needed wire shelf under the cage to store all those toys and extra things you will buy for your bird/s. The prices range $120 higher or lower depending on stores or where you buy it from.

They are budgie and cockatiel or conure flight cages. They offer a lot of room for toys boingy perches and food dishes. I've had a couple of these cages over the years of owning budgies and tiels, they are a good size for a few budgies a couple of tiels or a conure.

Its just important that your bird not be stuck in the cage all the time, as large as these cages are I make sure to give my birds free flight all day light hours in a bird safe room every day.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Casper's 2nd best friend
06-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Casper uses his cage like a Gentlemans club, he visits it regularly to keep fit, use the restaurants, use the "facilities", have a doze on the veranda, and to stop overnight. He has perfected climbing down the front, swinging by his beak from the handle on the tray and pirouetting his body whilst hanging so that he is facing the right way to step off the bottom crossbar onto the floor.

Mr Peepers
06-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Casper uses his cage like a Gentlemans club, he visits it regularly to keep fit, use the restaurants, use the "facilities", have a doze on the veranda, and to stop overnight. He has perfected climbing down the front, swinging by his beak from the handle on the tray and pirouetting his body whilst hanging so that he is facing the right way to step off the bottom crossbar onto the floor.

Casper is part Professional Ice Skater?

colbon2
08-02-2015, 05:34 AM
These are mine they are all from A&E I have a single Flight, double stack flight and a Victorian top

These are older pictures, but good pictures to show size comparisons etc

Mr Peepers
08-02-2015, 04:34 PM
These are mine they are all from A&E I have a single Flight, double stack flight and a Victorian top

These are older pictures, but good pictures to show size comparisons etc

Great cages and sizes, you can't go wrong with tall flight cages when it comes to price and roominess.

Mr Peepers
08-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Terrible pic of SPX in his flight cage, he looks so tiny in the big cage. The only thing I'd buy differently next time I buy a cage is get a better color NOT BLACK!!!!

These 6 ft tall flight cages with a large door and sturdy lock on the front door are great, there are 4 sliding doors in the front on the lower and top of the cage for the feeder dishes that come with it. As well as 2 locking doors on each side of the cage so you can attach a breeder box.

I wish there was a door on the middle of the cage in the back so I could put toys and perches on the back part inside of the cage easier, you need 2 people to set up anything on the back of the cage properly as its awkward reaching from underneath the base and reaching up. Or trying to reach from the entrance where the breeder box hooks up is not a good option for this.

The cage on a huge strong base with wheels making it easy to move is perfect and I like the shelf under the cage on the base to put all my bird related junk. And we all know we have tons of bird toys perches swings food and accessories for our cages so we need a shelf for all that stuff!

Oh did I mention the price? I think I paid less than $120 for this cage. It was well worth it.

I like the grey/cream color of colbon2's cages for her birds, anything is better then black that shows every drop of poop and everything else in between. :tmsmakesme:

colbon2
08-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Mr Peepers I also prefer the platinum I was in a rush when I bought the Victorian black cage be cause the store had platinum just the week before and went one week later and they were all sold out with only black left.

It was kinda expensive and I prefer my flights to that one but it works and my mom loves the black so when she gets her love bird I will sell it to her... I have enough cages for all my babies.

Mr Peepers
08-03-2015, 04:22 PM
@Mr Peepers ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) I also prefer the platinum I was in a rush when I bought the Victorian black cage be cause the store had platinum just the week before and went one week later and they were all sold out with only black left.

It was kinda expensive and I prefer my flights to that one but it works and my mom loves the black so when she gets her love bird I will sell it to her... I have enough cages for all my babies.

The Vict-black cage is nice and perfect for Zoey or a lovie. I've never been a fan of cages that have curves like the top of this cage.

I've had a similar cage given to me and hated it because it didn't give me much options for hanging toys swings or other types of perches up top due to it tapering and curving upward. My budgies have always liked to be at the very top of a cage so this layered effect didn't offer much room if you had a couple of birds in the cage and have to find ways to put perches and other things they needed up there.

Its good Zoey likes to hang out in the mid range of this cage and it looks like she enjoys it. :th_smile:

King Parrot
10-16-2015, 04:46 AM
A wide and airy cage is the best option for parrots to keep. Parrot enjoys freedom while living in such cages. Try to be segrigate some portion in cage which creat some sense of home for your bird that these section just for drinking water and not staying here etc.