PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Zoo mom
06-07-2015, 05:33 PM
I was referred here by Mr Peepers. Blame him.

I have 6 parrots. A Rosebreasted Cockatoo - Russell Boogertoo, a Senegal - Jason, a Hahns Macaw - Guiseppe, a Blue Headed Pionus - Andre, and 2 cockatiels Graham and Eric.

My real name is Elaine.

Mr Peepers
06-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Hello Stranger, nice to see you here hows Eric doing... has he been more vocal and interested in your zoo? :th_smile:

Zoo mom
06-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Eric is afraid of hands and nervous. BUT he is eating like a champ, Chirping, and playing with toys. He likes to come out of his cage but unfortunately can't fly due to his clip but only glide to the floor. He won't step onto a hand even from the floor but he will step onto a cloth perch and yesterday he stepped onto his food bowl which I was holding. It's only been a week so I think he is doing very well. He will come right up to the front of his cage and eat, while I am sitting in front of him and talking to him.

Mr Peepers
06-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Eric is afraid of hands and nervous. BUT he is eating like a champ, Chirping, and playing with toys. He likes to come out of his cage but unfortunately can't fly due to his clip but only glide to the floor. He won't step onto a hand even from the floor but he will step onto a cloth perch and yesterday he stepped onto his food bowl which I was holding. It's only been a week so I think he is doing very well. He will come right up to the front of his cage and eat, while I am sitting in front of him and talking to him.

Just a week is a short time but its great he acknowledges you when he's eating and likes to hear you talk. He will be best buddies with you in no time. I'm glad he's doing well. :th_smile:

PlaxMacaws
06-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Hi Elaine... I'm happy you've joined us. As I'm sure you can see, we're in a bit of a slump here as far as board activity goes. I'm hoping things will pick up sometime soon, though.

You certainly must have your hands full with your terrific crew of 6 feathered kids! That's quite a diverse group you've got. If you get a chance please post some pics ... we'd love to see them :D

I'm personally guilty of not being very active here lately. But it's not due to lack of interest... it's because of various personal issues that have decided to crop up all at once in my life. Anyway, welcome to Precisely Parrots :pinkgrin:

spiritbird
06-07-2015, 07:04 PM
A big welcome to you Elaine. Its good to see you here. I had no idea you had so many fids. No wonder you call yourself Zoo Mom.
My 2 Linnies keep me very busy. They are really messy birds plus I cannot stand seeing a dirty cage.

kendrafitz
06-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Hi Elaine and welcome! Can't wait to see pics and read all about your crew!!

Lady
06-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi Elaine,

How wonderful it is to meet you and Welcome to the forum. That's a nice size flock you have there. We just have one bird atm. Her name is Lady and she is about all I can deal with for now. It will be great to see some pics of your flock when you find the time to post.

Zoo mom
06-08-2015, 04:52 AM
A big welcome to you Elaine. Its good to see you here. I had no idea you had so many fids. No wonder you call yourself Zoo Mom.
My 2 Linnies keep me very busy. They are really messy birds plus I cannot stand seeing a dirty cage.

I call myself Zoo mom because in addition to the bird flock I have 6 cats Wendell, Claire, Iris, Sally, Dulcinea, and Nora. And 1 Siberian Husky Suzanna, a Koi pond and 2 fish tanks.

kendrafitz
06-08-2015, 11:07 AM
That's funny Elaine. I call our house the Fitz Farm. Rosie, 2 dogs, 2 kids and a husband. It's crazy and loud here, but you totally have me beat!!!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
06-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I just hope you both have lots of "animal" help. When you get old like me taking care of so many pets becomes more difficult, even financially as well as physically.

Mr Peepers
06-08-2015, 04:44 PM
I just hope you both have lots of "animal" help. When you get old like me taking care of so many pets becomes more difficult, even financially as well as physically.

That's a shame spiritb.

I've heard this often from people as they retire and get older, they say they can't maintain the expensive trips to the vet when their pets get ill as they are living on a savings and retirement funds. Or its difficult to bend down and tend to litter boxes etc or carry heavier bags of food/cans home from shopping.

I know a pet is so good for someone older to have, pets can help relieve stress and give so much comfort. If you can find someone in the family or friend that can help you it can make things easier for you. :th_smile:

Mare
06-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Hi, Elaine! Welcome! Pics would be awesome, for sure! Like you, I live in a zoo but wouldn't have it any other way :)

wingman
06-09-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi Elaine! Glad to have you here!!!