PDA

View Full Version : This is Mr Peepers an opal agate canary

Mr Peepers
06-04-2015, 06:33 PM
My canary is a character he does some crazy things and always makes me smile.

He hasn't been singing much lately due to him being ill with fatty liver disease. I guess all the daily dosages of medicine and his diet of sprouted seeds have left him less happy these days.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mr Peepers has a very fluffy bottom. :th_biggrin:

He also has q-tip type pantaloons on his upper thigh/legs.

I've only had Mr Peepers for 8 months, its been a constant battle trying to get him well from the air sac mites and scaly face/leg/feet mites he had as well as his problem with fatty liver disease when he first came to me.

spiritbird
06-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Was he a rescue? Wish I could hear him sing!

Mr Peepers
06-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Was he a rescue? Wish I could hear him sing!

He was a rescue, of all the many birds they rescued most were put to sleep as they were in such horrible condition. I don't know what the vet saw in Mr P. but he thought the little guy had a chance.

Mr Peepers
06-04-2015, 10:04 PM
This is Mr Peepers singing his little peeper pants off. Excuse the shaky video.

CLICK HERE! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

At least you can see him singing in this short clip. :th_biggrin:

CLICK HERE TOO! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

kendrafitz
06-04-2015, 10:21 PM
He's a cutie and has such a sweet voice!

Mr Peepers
06-04-2015, 10:24 PM
He's a cutie and has such a sweet voice!

Thank you. :th_smile:

Lady
06-05-2015, 12:51 AM
I love hearing them sing, so soothing. His song sounds joyful, :thanks4sharingthumb.

Mr Peepers
06-05-2015, 02:44 PM
I am debating getting a bunch of canaries one day and filling a huge flight cage with them, I have been told that a few of the cock birds will stop singing due to the other better singers in the cage and that seems sad and a shame as I adore their song and would love to have a big bunch of singers.