PDA

View Full Version : Silly bird!

Mare
05-17-2015, 01:06 AM
I have this cage on the back deck, next to the bird room, it's Amigo's original cage that he came to me with and he uses it for landing on during the day..I keep munchies on top for him to graze on. Normally I keep it's door closed but lately he has taken to pulling off the food portals and crawling inside so now I just leave the door open for him :). Silly bird!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I think he remembers this cage and is very comfortable in it. Does any one else have a nostalgic bird?

plax
05-17-2015, 02:26 AM
Salsa does exactly the same thing... crawls into his cage through the food/water bowl portals. I'm always amazed he can fit through them! ;)

kendrafitz
05-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Rosie is not nostalgic, but nothing has really changed for her.

Love that Amigo is nostalgic. Also love that both Amigo and Salsa are so crafty about getting into their spaces. :)

Mare
05-19-2015, 03:55 AM
Tony, is this Salsa's original cage?

plax
05-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Tony, is this Salsa's original cage?Sorry I missed your question until now, Mare. I don't have Salsa's original cage. Terrie's husband presumably still has it. We talked about shipping it to me after Salsa arrived here in 2012, but I decided to have an old cage of mine fixed instead. It's the old white Cal-Cage #550 that you see in many of Salsa's photo's/videos... I simply had it re-welded for Sals. And that's the one he often goes in and out of via the food bowl ports for his naps and snacks, etc. He sometimes likes to use the ports despite that the cage door is always left open. Sals absolutely adores this cage!

Mare
05-22-2015, 09:52 PM
That's so cool that Salsa likes his little birdie doors :)

mdg1109
03-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Mare I love Amigo's picture on your signature, he looks like he is smiling and thinking "here I come" lol. How did you come to get Amigo (I am sure you have been asked this before but forgive me I am new).

spiritbird
03-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Amigo is amazing. I always enjoy your photos and stories.

Mare
03-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Mare I love Amigo's picture on your signature, he looks like he is smiling and thinking "here I come" lol. How did you come to get Amigo (I am sure you have been asked this before but forgive me I am new).

Michelle, Amigo is thinking "exactly" that! I took that photo when he was intent on walking the railing on the deck to get to me. I have Amigo's story in the archives, I'll see if I can dig it up and let you know where to find it :)

Thank you, Dianne! :)

Ok, Michelle, in the Free Flight section, go to the second page and you'll find "Amigo's flying free 'training'" post. It tells how he came to be with us and how we got him flying outside.

mdg1109
03-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Awesome, I will read it when I get the kids off to school. Thank you for sharing!