PDA

View Full Version : Wait

spiritbird
05-16-2015, 12:12 AM
until you see the awesome signature I will be posting tomorrow. No I did not do it myself.........

zeus
05-16-2015, 03:42 PM
You're welcome. :th_smile: It's to bad that the size restriction for the signatures is low. There is a lot of detail missing from the pic, also on mine.

plax
05-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Very nice signature image! However, I'm willing to bet that the degradation in sharpness is not due to the sig image size restriction. Compare the sharpness of the "Angel Miranda" text on your sig image to the text labeling on the new sig image you've created for Dianne. There's a vast difference in quality and intelligibility. And when checking the image particulars I can see that Dianne's sig image is currently rendered at an extremely low resolution... the file size for that image is showing to be only 16.82 KB (17,225 bytes). If the source image that's uploaded happens to exceed either the file size restriction or the dimension restriction, the system will automatically re-render the image at an extremely low resolution. If, however, the source image is created at the maximum dimensions allowed as well as at or below the maximum file size allowed (i.e., it does not exceed those limitations), the transferred image should render at a similar quality to the source image.

The maximum file size for signature images here is currently 150 KB. Dianne's new sig image is rendering at only about 17 KB. Unfortunately, that's where the sharpness went. The current dimension restriction for signature images here is 650 x 250 pixels. This new image is rendering at 445 x 250 pixels. Those dimensions should be fine and need not be changed. I don't know what the file size and dimensions are for your source image, though.

The above is my best guess on what happened to the sharpness of the image. In any case, I can tell you for certain that the image was diminished to an extremely low resolution during the transfer process. If you wish, send me a private message with a link to the source image and I'll replace the current low resolution image with a higher resolution copy.

EDIT: I've sharpened your current signature image a bit.

EDIT2: I apologize for this, but I am unsure how to address you. Your user name here happens to be your Palm Too's name, "zeus". Dianne has referred to you as "Miranda" within her 'thank you' statement under the signature image you've created for her. So may I ask how you would like us to refer to you? Is your first name perhaps "Angel"? :D

spiritbird
05-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Thank you Tony for the technical information.

plax
05-16-2015, 09:44 PM
You're welcome, Dianne.

zeus
05-22-2015, 01:27 AM
Very nice signature image! However, I'm willing to bet that the degradation in sharpness is not due to the sig image size restriction. Compare the sharpness of the "Angel Miranda" text on your sig image to the text labeling on the new sig image you've created for Dianne. There's a vast difference in quality and intelligibility. And when checking the image particulars I can see that Dianne's sig image is currently rendered at an extremely low resolution... the file size for that image is showing to be only 16.82 KB (17,225 bytes). If the source image that's uploaded happens to exceed either the file size restriction or the dimension restriction, the system will automatically re-render the image at an extremely low resolution. If, however, the source image is created at the maximum dimensions allowed as well as at or below the maximum file size allowed (i.e., it does not exceed those limitations), the transferred image should render at a similar quality to the source image.

The maximum file size for signature images here is currently 150 KB. Dianne's new sig image is rendering at only about 17 KB. Unfortunately, that's where the sharpness went. The current dimension restriction for signature images here is 650 x 250 pixels. This new image is rendering at 445 x 250 pixels. Those dimensions should be fine and need not be changed. I don't know what the file size and dimensions are for your source image, though.

The above is my best guess on what happened to the sharpness of the image. In any case, I can tell you for certain that the image was diminished to an extremely low resolution during the transfer process. If you wish, send me a private message with a link to the source image and I'll replace the current low resolution image with a higher resolution copy.

EDIT: I've sharpened your current signature image a bit.

EDIT2: I apologize for this, but I am unsure how to address you. Your user name here happens to be your Palm Too's name, "zeus". Dianne has referred to you as "Miranda" within her 'thank you' statement under the signature image you've created for her. So may I ask how you would like us to refer to you? Is your first name perhaps "Angel"? :D

Angel would be fine. Thank You.