PDA

View Full Version : Vana survived Walmart

roxynoodle
05-03-2013, 11:22 PM
For those who don't know, I have a 13 month old Cane Corso puppy who has been very aggressive with some strangers. I mean like dangerously aggressive. Tonight I took her to Walmart with me as I'm trying to get her used to seeing more people and having positive experiences. We went through the drive thru to pick up a prescription for me. The first positive thing that happened is that the lady who was ahead of me left her prescription in the carrier so she came running up to my truck to ask me if the bag was in there. Vana did not react to her at all, not even a bark! Yay!

Then we drove slowly around the parking lot so she was subjected to many different people walking close to the truck and she did not bark or growl at a single one.

I'm so proud of her :)

Baby steps but it's something!

keepsmiling
05-04-2013, 12:06 AM
That is great news Audrey! :woohoo-dancing-bana
Now Vana, you be a good girl for mommy.:angel:

roxynoodle
05-04-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm also trying to give her nice trips in the truck that don't involve vets or horrible, non skilled "trainers".

CrazyBirdLady
05-04-2013, 03:23 AM
Glad she did well, that is great!

JadeC
05-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Congrats!!! That's awesome! :) Baby steps are critical!!!

roxynoodle
05-04-2013, 11:41 AM
I generally like to run these errands on my bike, but I guess I won't be doing that much for awhile. Yesterday evening would have been a lovely time to go for a ride. It was 75 and just a light breeze. I was kind of jealous of all the other riders out there, lol!