PDA

View Full Version : Zeus

zeus
05-12-2015, 03:27 AM
Hello everyone. In this thread I would like to introduce my feathered friends. I have many pictures which I would like to share with you over time. I have had cockatoo's for 25 years.

Moluccan Cockatoo: Her name is "Peaches"
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Major Mitchell Cockatoo: His name is "Mr. Major" I got real creative here...

Goliath Black Palm Cockatoo : His name is "Zeus"

Mare
05-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Hi, Zeus! Welcome to the forum! :). Your cockatoos are beautiful! Are these really yours?! The photos look professional. I also have cokatoos..a cockatiel, a Goffins and an Umbrella.I love their personalities, sooo..in your face! :)

plax
05-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Peaches, Mr. Major, and Zeus are absolutely striking! Your photos of them are breathtaking. I can see that the images are professionally done. Are you a professional photographer? Very, very nice work... your birds are simply spectacular!! Thanks so much for sharing. We will be looking forward to your other photos :)

By the way, I've embedded your photo links so they display within the post body. I hope that's okay with you.

Pinkbirdy
05-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Wonderful!! :)

wingman
05-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Keep em coming ! Great pics!!!

spiritbird
05-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Lovely and welcome to the forum.

zeus
05-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Peaches, Mr. Major, and Zeus are absolutely striking! Your photos of them are breathtaking. I can see that the images are professionally done. Are you a professional photographer? Very, very nice work... your birds are simply spectacular!! Thanks so much for sharing. We will be looking forward to your other photos :)

By the way, I've embedded your photo links so they display within the post body. I hope that's okay with you.

It's Ok with the pictures. I'm an amateur wildlife photographer as a hobby. I have a Nikon camera & long lenses capabilities.
Thanks for the comments.

zeus
05-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Wonderful!! :)

Hello Terri. You have quite a few birds. :th_smile: I see you have a Rose Breasted Cockatoo (Gala). They are nice birds. The Hawkhead is cool looking.

zeus
05-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Lovely and welcome to the forum.

Hello Dianne. I also have cats. I love the Maine Coon.

zeus
05-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Hello Charlie. I was in Nashville once. There are musicians everywhere. Even on the street corners. I like the forests in Tenn.

zeus
05-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Hi, Zeus! Welcome to the forum! :). Your cockatoos are beautiful! Are these really yours?! The photos look professional. I also have cokatoos..a cockatiel, a Goffins and an Umbrella.I love their personalities, sooo..in your face! :)

Hello Mare.
Yes, these are my birds. I am partial to Cockatoos, but I like all kind of birds. I take the pictures myself. Thanks for the compliment.

zeus
05-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Testing signature

Pinkbirdy
05-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Hello Terri. You have quite a few birds. :th_smile: I see you have a Rose Breasted Cockatoo (Gala). They are nice birds. The Hawkhead is cool looking. I think your birds are pretty cool too :). My Hawkhead Charlotte is a sweet girl [loves everyone in my family]. Its "Too Town " at my house also . I have a Goffin ,LS2, Rb2 and an Eleanora .

kendrafitz
05-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Hi Zeus & welcome!

Your birds are beautiful and you are a wonderful photographer. I can't wait to read all about you guys!

jtbirds
05-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Peaches O how almost every M2 that I see in rescue seems to be named peaches.. Beautiful birds and wonderful pictures. I do enjoy cockatoos, but I am partial to macaws haha!

zeus
05-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Hello Kendra,
Thanks for your warm welcome.

zeus
05-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Peaches O how almost every M2 that I see in rescue seems to be named peaches.. Beautiful birds and wonderful pictures. I do enjoy cockatoos, but I am partial to macaws haha!

Hi Justin,

Yea, there are a lot of Peaches out there :th_smile:

Justin's Quote:Some of my birds are special needs and all are rescues, I will check out your post now!

That is very nice. That tells a lot about an individual. You have a very good heart. :th_smile: The world needs more people like you.

spiritbird
05-13-2015, 12:12 AM
If you ever want a second signature I would love to do one with your lovely birds. Mine take on a fantasy look. Do you have any problems with the feather dust?

zeus
05-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Hi Dianne,

The only cockatoo problem child is the Moluccan !! They are the worst of all for powder. The major Mitchell lets off some, but not troublesome. The Palm even less. I hose them all down in my back yard once a week.
Thanks for your offer on signature. Will do it later.

zeus
05-13-2015, 01:41 AM
Tony & Justin,
Here are a couple of pics for you guys :th_smile:

Lady
05-13-2015, 01:57 AM
WOW they are real beauty's!!! I too am looking forward to hearing about your flock.

:pp_welcome:so glad you joined us~

plax
05-13-2015, 02:13 AM
Tony & Justin,
Here are a couple of pics for you guys :th_smile:Very nice GW and very nice photos! Thanks for posting them :)

zeus
05-13-2015, 02:31 AM
The last picture above is from a bird that I saw at a wetland park. His owner was with him. I go to several wetland parks to take pictures.

spiritbird
05-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Would you mind if I worked with one of your fantastic photos? Will post any results here just for you.

plax
05-13-2015, 03:42 AM
The last picture above is from a bird that I saw at a wetland park. His owner was with him. I go to several wetland parks to take pictures.You're quite talented.

zeus
05-13-2015, 03:51 AM
Would you mind if I worked with one of your fantastic photos? Will post any results here just for you.

Ok.

I work with CS6 (Photo Shop) & AE6 (Adobe After Effects - Animation).

Ex: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
05-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Isnit it fun. I work with several apps on my Kindle fire and then to photoshop elements 13 if needed. I just made two, yours are totally awesome.

spiritbird
05-13-2015, 11:37 AM
And #2

zeus
05-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Hello Dianne,

They both are very nice. Yes it is fun playing & working in Photoshop. I also do animations. I don't know if this site can handle it or not. They are videos that I created from scratch in After Effects. Will try to post one.

zeus
05-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Here is one of my animations that I created from scratch. Everything in this video was constructed in After Effects. I have many plug ins resources that I use for different special effects that can be brought into Adobe After Effects.
I could also bring in parrot pictures & do something with it if I wanted. Just never did. I like working planetary space scenes.

spiritbird
05-13-2015, 06:57 PM
That is very nice. You like outer space themes I see. Just the right level of music also. I have animation software but found it difficult to understand. I have seen animated signatures on other forums and they are so different. I am no where near your talent.

zeus
05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
If you need any help sometimes you can ask me. I only know how to work with what I stated above.

zeus
05-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Hi Dianne,

Here's a new one I just did.

zeus
05-14-2015, 10:28 PM
I am an amateur wild life photographer as one of my hobbies. Here is one of my wild bird pic's in a wetland area.

spiritbird
05-14-2015, 10:55 PM
I would not call that amateur.

zeus
05-14-2015, 11:19 PM
Thanks Dianne. The best time for these wild life pictures is in Jan thru march. Birds are making nests & flying back & forth with sticks & materials to build their nests.

zeus
05-15-2015, 12:06 AM
Here's a real close up picture of a burrowing owl. These guys live underground. They stand outside their ground opening.

jtbirds
05-15-2015, 01:07 AM
Sorry I was gone yesterday, thanks for the macaw picture it is beautiful. You are very talented with the pictures.

As for the comment about me, thank you it means a lot I feel like humans and myself in general have been given a huge opportunity and chance in life and all living beings should as well. I just happen to love feathered animals;).

zeus
05-15-2015, 03:07 AM
Sorry I was gone yesterday, thanks for the macaw picture it is beautiful. You are very talented with the pictures.

As for the comment about me, thank you it means a lot I feel like humans and myself in general have been given a huge opportunity and chance in life and all living beings should as well. I just happen to love feathered animals;).

Your very welcome. It was heart felt.

spiritbird
05-15-2015, 12:29 PM
You must be a very patient person to get such quality photos. Never heard of a burrowing owl before. My favorite owl is the snowy.

zeus
05-15-2015, 02:11 PM
You must be a very patient person to get such quality photos. Never heard of a burrowing owl before. My favorite owl is the snowy.

The best times for taking pictures is early morning up to 10:00 am & late afternoon. "Lighting" is the key to everything. You need to know your subject & where they congregate, (Hang Out). You need to know your camera equipment as second nature.You can't fumble around. Most times you don't get a second chance.

spiritbird
05-15-2015, 09:48 PM
My favorite wildlife photographer is Art Wolfe. I have several of his books and videos. He is a genius when it comes to light.

zeus
05-16-2015, 01:10 AM
I'll have to look at his work.

zeus
05-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Here is a Blue Heron in flight in one of the wetlands.

zeus
05-19-2015, 02:10 AM
Here's a picture I took on the way to the "Orion Nebula". :th_faint:

zeus
05-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Here's a picture I took of a baby duck in my neighbors daughters hands.

zeus
07-26-2015, 07:59 PM
This is a picture of a cattle Egret at a park in Davie, Florida. These guys always look like their mad. :mad-new:

Mr Peepers
07-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Beautiful pics of the duck and egret!

zeus
07-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Thank you Mr. Peepers.

spiritbird
07-26-2015, 10:29 PM
I love the photo you took of your two birds in your back yard with the palms wing over the other bird. Then again I love them all. So in Oct or Nov. we may see cheetahs!! How was your trip to Orion Nebula? Bet is was many days. Were meals included?

zeus
07-26-2015, 11:01 PM
I love the photo you took of your two birds in your back yard with the palms wing over the other bird. Then again I love them all. So in Oct or Nov. we may see cheetahs!! How was your trip to Orion Nebula? Bet is was many days. Were meals included?

Yes, I hope Miami Metro Zoo lets me take close ups of the Cheetahs. Looking forward to this. My trip to the Orion Nebula was "Stellar" :highfive: "Many, Many,Many Days". Meals were included :th_biggrin:

Here's Zeus thinking he's "Batman"

"Good grief Batman"

plax
07-26-2015, 11:56 PM

"Good grief Batman"
What a striking and beautiful photo!

zeus
07-27-2015, 12:20 AM
Thank's Tony. Also thanks for your help on pictures & Photobucket.

spiritbird
07-27-2015, 12:42 AM
So out of all the photos I have seen that you shot this one is my fav.

zeus
07-27-2015, 12:58 AM
So out of all the photos I have seen that you shot this one is my fav.

Thanks Dianne. It took quite a few takes for this. I would put them together by the time I got back to the camera, they moved away from the scene or it just wasn't a good picture. Finally I got this one. "You just have to keep on trying"

plax
07-27-2015, 01:26 AM
Thank's Tony. Also thanks for your help on pictures & Photobucket.You're very welcome.

Mr Peepers
07-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Yes, I hope Miami Metro Zoo lets me take close ups of the Cheetahs. Looking forward to this. My trip to the Orion Nebula was "Stellar" :highfive: "Many, Many,Many Days". Meals were included :th_biggrin:

"Good grief Batman"

This is so amazing! Thank you for sharing it again. :th_smile:

PeachyDoll
07-27-2015, 06:22 PM
All your fids are beauties. I also have a female Moluccan cockatoo named Rosie. How young is Peaches?

zeus
07-27-2015, 07:00 PM
All your fids are beauties. I also have a female Moluccan cockatoo named Rosie. How young is Peaches?

Peaches is 24 years old.

zeus
07-27-2015, 08:15 PM
This is a picture of a Burrowing Owl taken at a park in Davie, Florida. These guys live underground & you can see them hanging around the hole entrance.

spiritbird
07-28-2015, 12:05 AM
I feel like I can just reach out and touch those beautiful feathers.

zeus
07-28-2015, 01:42 AM
Thank's Dianne.

zeus
07-28-2015, 01:50 AM
Here's another one of the Burrowing owls. They are standing by the entrance of their hole in the ground.

Mr Peepers
07-28-2015, 03:24 PM
zues, could you post the picture you use as your avatar? I would love to see that in a larger view please and thanks.

zeus
07-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Here it is Mr. Peepers.

Mr Peepers
07-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Here it is Mr. Peepers.

Beautiful and I'm glad you posted that as it shows so much clear detail of this magnificent bird.

But I really wanted the larger size pic of your avatar, ----> this amazing guy. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

zeus
07-28-2015, 07:56 PM
This is my bird Zeus. (Goliath Black Palm Cockatoo).

Mr Peepers
07-28-2015, 08:07 PM
This is my bird Zeus. (Goliath Black Palm Cockatoo).

Zeus is truly stunning, the background of this photo is just perfect for such a majestic bird.

Thanks for posting this. :th_smile:

zeus
07-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

PeachyDoll
07-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Zeus have you seen the Conan OBrien clip with a Black Palm Cockatoo on his shoulder cracking a walnut?

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Crikey, Zeus looks formidable - punk/goth/mohican stylee. I've not seen a Goliath Black Palm before and I am suitably impressed. The others are beautiful and cuddly and they all look great characters. They are great photos and I would love to see more.
Oh, and welcome to the forum - mustn't forget my manners.

spiritbird
07-28-2015, 10:33 PM
How do you keep them from flying away? Wings clipped do not always work. Such beauty and I know they are so valuable. If I had birds like that they would be insured against theft.

zeus
07-28-2015, 11:10 PM
Zeus have you seen the Conan OBrien clip with a Black Palm Cockatoo on his shoulder cracking a walnut?

Yes. Walnuts is part of Zeus diet. He eats them all the time. Black Palms need a high calorie diet. These birds just do not get over weight.He also eats a lot of almonds, nutri- berries, avicakes, some scrambled eggs in the morning, monkey chow.Also eats noodles, apples Etc.

zeus
07-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Crikey, Zeus looks formidable - punk/goth/mohican stylee. I've not seen a Goliath Black Palm before and I am suitably impressed. The others are beautiful and cuddly and they all look great characters. They are great photos and I would love to see more.
Oh, and welcome to the forum - mustn't forget my manners.

Thank's Jean-Pierre. I will keep posting if members enjoy them & interact.

zeus
07-28-2015, 11:19 PM
How do you keep them from flying away? Wings clipped do not always work. Such beauty and I know they are so valuable. If I had birds like that they would be insured against theft.

Mr. Major is clipped. He would fly away. Zeus is not. He never try's to fly away. He only fly's towards the ground. Whenever I take Zeus outside besides my back yard he is trained for me to grasp his foot in case he gets spooked by something. Always under control.

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-28-2015, 11:56 PM
Thank's Jean-Pierre. I will keep posting if members enjoy them & interact.

Just slip them in when you think no-one is looking - that's what I do.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Fluffybeak ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) by Jean-Pierre Declemy ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]), on Flickr

zeus
07-29-2015, 01:40 AM
Jean-Pierre, Thanks for the link on Flicker. Great photos. I really like the black & whites. :loveit: Lots of people don't do this.
Here's one of mine.

Mr Peepers
07-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Just slip them in when you think no-one is looking - that's what I do.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Fluffybeak ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) by Jean-Pierre Declemy ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]), on Flickr

DARN THEM FLOOFIES!

One stuck on my beak and one stuck on my footie!

Up close and personal with a floofie, doesn't SPX look amused? :th_biggrin:

I think he buck snorted that floofie up in his nose.

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-29-2015, 07:53 PM
The black and white pics are proper black and white film stuff that I took, developed and printed myself (I used to have a photographic studio with darkrooms). They got put in a box. Every now and then I get some out and scan them in.

zeus
07-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Great stuff. I never did film developing. I did take film pictures. My darkroom is in the digital world. Black / White are some of the most impressive shots to date.

Vietnam War

spiritbird
07-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Wow that's intense.

zeus
07-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Wow that's intense.

Yep ! That is one of the famous photos of that era.

zeus
07-31-2015, 12:45 AM
Here is the same Egret from the Black & White shot.

colbon2
07-31-2015, 03:16 AM
nice pics love the detail

Mr Peepers
07-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Here is the same Egret from the Black & White shot.

Its interesting to see the detail difference in the color shot to the black and white one. Parts of the legs and beak almost disappear in the b&w pic.

Beautiful pic!

zeus
07-31-2015, 04:44 PM
nice pics love the detail

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

zeus
07-31-2015, 04:45 PM
Its interesting to see the detail difference in the color shot to the black and white one. Parts of the legs and beak almost disappear in the b&w pic.

Beautiful pic!

Glad you liked it.

plax
07-31-2015, 06:18 PM
Each of your photos is strikingly beautiful, Angel! Every time I see one or more of them I think I'm looking at a high profile nature magazine!!

zeus
07-31-2015, 09:55 PM
Each of your photos is strikingly beautiful, Angel! Every time I see one or more of them I think I'm looking at a high profile nature magazine!!

Thanks Tony for such a great compliment.

spiritbird
07-31-2015, 11:30 PM
Have you taken any photos of hummingbirds?

zeus
08-01-2015, 12:26 AM
Have you taken any photos of hummingbirds?

I have never even seen one :(

Mr Peepers
08-01-2015, 06:15 PM
I have never even seen one :(