PDA

View Full Version : The wild turkey, that wouldn't leave

Mare
05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm outside, this morning, doing my watering rounds and there is one female lone turkey, following me. We had dozens this spring, strutting around the yard but they are now gone except for, I think I will call her Lilly. She surprised me when I started singing "Pressure Drop" song, she came running over to within three feet of me! I guess she loves reggae music! I always throw left over Sassy and Amigo food, over the deck and she eats it. She comes onto the deck to drink out of the dog's water bowl. I'm not sure how long she will hang around but I think I'll buy some turkey food the next time I'm in town.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

aliray
05-03-2013, 03:49 PM
What does Amigo think of the new bird?

Mare
05-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Amigo is very use to turkeys, I think he considers them to be a dog. They come around every spring to strut and mate and have turkey fights, then they disappear. I suppose they are out there laying and setting on their eggs, now. When I had Sassy in the outdoor cage, yesterday, Lilly came right up to it and pecked around in the grass. She's a funny turkey, really, no fear! The dogs and cats aren't afraid of her, nor she of them.

Here are some pics I took this spring.

roxynoodle
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
How cool! I see them a lot around here as well, but they don't let people get close to them, let around follow them around :)