PDA

View Full Version : repainting cages

wingman
04-15-2015, 01:36 AM
Is there a bird safe enamel paint that will kill rust that a birdcage could be painted with???

PlaxMacaws
04-15-2015, 03:51 AM
Is there a bird safe enamel paint that will kill rust that a birdcage could be painted with???Yes. Have a look at the following articles:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-15-2015, 08:49 AM
Just don't use the aerosol cans anywhere near the birds! Someone I know killed their parrot using a can of car spray paint.
I think when Caspers cage needs repainting I will approach the powder coating firm I use for car wheels and see how much they would charge for sandblasting and powder coating (spraying electrostatically charged particles of pigment that cling to the metal and then get baked on). I suspect that it will be more than the cost of a new cage though. Maybe I would just get the bits done that have the most wear.

wingman
04-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Thank you for the links Tony!!!

PlaxMacaws
04-15-2015, 12:41 PM
You're welcome, Charlie. As Jean-Pierre mentioned, be sure that your birds are isolated from any paint fumes during your painting sessions as well as for the entirety of the paint curing period (at least one week... two weeks would be better). And once you place a bird back in its painted cage, refrain from covering it for an additional week or so.

Abby
05-08-2015, 01:41 AM
Saving these links!