PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have this?

cdog
04-11-2015, 09:15 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I have a different tent from msbs, but I don't have this one. I'm just wondering if this fabric would cause nails to get stuck. If anyone has this tent I would love to here about your experience with it.

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-11-2015, 10:15 PM
It looks like a long pile fleece which should be ok. So much better than any that are for sale in the UK where they seem to think that parrots and their humans want little chimneys and windows on their tents. NO WE DO NOT! As we couldn't buy anything sensible, Margaret bought a bit of fleece from the fabric shop and made Casper a cozy to snuggle up to. She then bought a whole lot more and made a cage cover for night time which was very successful.

cdog
04-11-2015, 10:48 PM
I figured anything from mysafebirdstore would be ok, Kathie wouldn't sell anything that wasn't.

Thinking about getting this for Sully.

spiritbird
04-12-2015, 12:51 AM
Yes I have it and it is very fluffy with softness so I had one custom made by a neighbor. This tent is now just put away not being used. Please do not assume something is safe because of where it comes from.

cdog
04-12-2015, 01:23 AM
So it is bad? Ok.

Darn...I don't think I can cancel my order. Oh well, I guess I will look at it closer when it gets here. If all else fails, I will get something else.

Mare
04-12-2015, 01:38 AM
I bought a tent, like that, for Sassy..she ignored it, so it is now put away. I didn't see anything about it that would/could hurt a bird.

cdog
04-12-2015, 03:05 AM
I have a tent for BB and Scooter, but theirs has shorter fibers. I wanted one that is more plush for Sully. We shall see.

spiritbird
04-12-2015, 12:58 PM
I am just super cautious when it comes to the birds. You may be able to use this tent just fine. Kobe loved it and rubbed the fleece so much when he was inside. I did not want to take any chances as I have read several postings about the tents.