PDA

View Full Version : Say Hi to Cleo!

Abby
04-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Hi everyone, it's been a while! I'm Abby, I'm from Ohio, if we haven't met before. I've been a bird lover for over ten years, owned many kinds and even worked at a wonderful bird store for a while.

I currently have a 3-year-old Congo African Grey, Digby, and I just recently brought home Cleo, a 15-year-old umbrella cockatoo! I wanted to introduce her. She is very sweet, but hormonal. I'm prepared for a rough spring, haha.

She's had many homes but I plan on being her last. She fits in well here. I'm in the process of switching her diet, introducing her to new foods, etc. She's very adventurous. She has a small cage so within the next month I plan on purchasing a new one for her. (Suggestions for cages are welcomed!) Cleo says a few things... "Jingle Bells!" "Cleo" "Goodbye Birdie!" And she likes to mumble lots of nonsense, which I always nod my head and agree with. LOL!

Hoping to see you all around the forums!!

plax
04-03-2015, 12:03 AM
Aww, it sounds (and looks) like Cleo had a rough past :(. Kudos to you for giving her a forever home! I see that she's fairly fuzzy like Digby ;)

jtbirds
04-03-2015, 12:53 AM
She looks perfect to me! My kind of bird.. fuzzy:). I work in rescue and part own one with my father. Thank you for welcoming such a soul into your life I assure you it won't be a mistake!

Lady
04-03-2015, 01:05 AM
Hey Abby,
Good to see you posting again.

Hi Cleo~ What a pretty girl you are!

I'm looking forward to hearing about how all of you get along and the fun you will be sharing. I hope Digby finds how wonderful his life has just become now that Cleo has joined the family :).

Mare
04-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Hi, Abby! Welcome back and nice to meet Cloe! :). I also have an umbrella cockatoo, male, and I love their spirit. Digby is quite the handsome one, also!

Abby
04-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Aww, it sounds (and looks) like Cleo had a rough past :(. Kudos to you for giving her a forever home! I see that she's fairly fuzzy like Digby ;)

I don't know much about her past. Her last home was with a fifteen-year-old girl. She came in a very small cage. Her and her family had Cleo for a few years, before that they said she was stuck in the cage 24/7. It seems to me that they loved her, but they weren't aware of how much a commitment Cleo was and didn't know too, too much about birds.

She looks perfect to me! My kind of bird.. fuzzy:). I work in rescue and part own one with my father. Thank you for welcoming such a soul into your life I assure you it won't be a mistake!

I think she's perfect! I love her so much already. You part own one? A bird rescue? That's really neat. I know it must be heartbreaking at times but I bet you feel awesome helping the birds you can. I wanted to volunteer at a rescue in my area once. The owner was horrid, made me cry the first time we met. The place got shut down shortly after.

Hey Abby,
Good to see you posting again.

Hi Cleo~ What a pretty girl you are!

I'm looking forward to hearing about how all of you get along and the fun you will be sharing. I hope Digby finds how wonderful his life has just become now that Cleo has joined the family :).

I'm so glad to be back! Digby is getting used to Cleo slowly but surely. He doesn't really mind her, which is good! I don't see any obvious jealousy or change in behavior or attitude towards me.

Hi, Abby! Welcome back and nice to meet Cloe! :). I also have an umbrella cockatoo, male, and I love their spirit. Digby is quite the handsome one, also!

Thank you so much! Would love to see photos of your umbrella!

Mare
04-03-2015, 04:04 AM
Abby, this is one of my faves of Amigo, my umbrella 'too.[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Hi Cleo you silly sausage, what have you been up to? Let's have a competition - see who's feathers grow back first.

Abby
04-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Abby, this is one of my faves of Amigo, my umbrella 'too.

Amigo is WAY too cute!!

Hi Cleo you silly sausage, what have you been up to? Let's have a competition - see who's feathers grow back first.

Hmmm.... a very interesting proposition.... Let me speak to the flock and see how they feel about that. :th_wink:

plax
04-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Casper's tail feathers in that photo remind me of the Vulcan solute from Star Trek :). Maybe "live long and prosper!" is his message as well? ;)

spiritbird
04-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Hello and you are so lucky to have two wonderful birds. :th_smile:

jtbirds
04-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Abby I believe I may know the rescue you speak of, and if so I am sorry you had that kind of experience as well the birds they housed.

Abby
04-10-2015, 04:16 AM
Abby I believe I may know the rescue you speak of, and if so I am sorry you had that kind of experience as well the birds they housed.
I won't get into details, but the rescue was not a pretty sight and I knew many who knew the owner personally. It was all a genuine mess. I really hope all the birds found good homes when they shut down though.

Hello and you are so lucky to have two wonderful birds. :th_smile:
Thank you so much!

wingman
04-18-2015, 02:54 AM
Hi Cleo, bless her heart! Will her feathers grow back in time???

PeachyDoll
07-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Hi Abby and Cleo!

I don't know how I missed this thread. What a beautiful little birdie you have there. I have also adopted a bald chested cockatoo (except for floofies). Her lack of feathers does not take away from her beauty or incredible personality in my eyes. Thank you for adopting and rescuing her.

I quickly scanned through the responses to this thread. So you've probably already bought her a new cage.

She looks like a real sweetheart with her cheek feathers covering her beak. That's a happy bird!