PDA

View Full Version : Now This is Loud!

spiritbird
03-30-2015, 10:18 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

These three Macaws do shows as you can tell from the video. I am not so familiar with Macaw behavior "are they upset?"

jtbirds
03-31-2015, 12:26 AM
I honestly see more horseplaying then anything, Some signs showed them telling one another to back off and the birds responded to the signals the other was giving. The beginning screaming was them tattling on the Milli, My guys do this when someone climbs down a stand or gets into something they instantly tattle on them by screaming like that. Pretty much like two kids saying he put his hand in the cookie jar.

I also noticed they are all flighted and for a show they more then likely know flight commands/ would fly away if anything got to rough. Unless they all where alpha's then that could get bad.

This is pretty much what I took out of it, I must advise though to anyone members viewing this. This kind of trust between bird to bird isn't easy and can easily become a hazard to birds and humans alike. One false play and they could choose fight over flight and breaking them up will more then likely hurt. I have broken a few macaw tussles up because of people letting their birds interact and not knowing exactly what each move meant, it hurts!

I do have a green winged macaw and a blue and gold that where raised from chicks together they are simply like brother and sister, the play is pretty rough( a lot of tail grabbing and punking around), but these two have/ will go into a severe depression if separated.

I believe Tony(plax) has two macaws that used to be bonded in a similar way and since have grown slightly apart, well rather one has grown apart from the other leaving the other slightly upset. I do hope I remember this right:s!

spiritbird
03-31-2015, 01:41 AM
Wow Justin you really know macaws well. I am intimidated by them somewhat.

StitchynMe
03-31-2015, 07:37 PM
Wow Justin you really know macaws well. I am intimidated by them somewhat.

Im intimidated by them as well, they frighten me! Lol but goodness no! I could never have that kind of bird I'd go crazy with that noise lol

Mare
03-31-2015, 07:49 PM
They sure do seem to be a force! I could probably handle the noise part..

Lady
03-31-2015, 09:46 PM
Yes, I agree they are loud, but when your that big, you should be I suppose :th_LOL:.

PlaxMacaws
03-31-2015, 10:00 PM
These three Macaws do shows as you can tell from the video. I am not so familiar with Macaw behavior "are they upset?"They're not upset... they're just screwing around, looking to start some mischief wherever they can. It's typical macaw behavior :)

spiritbird
03-31-2015, 10:08 PM
So Macaw people you should start a "good and bad about macaws"

PlaxMacaws
03-31-2015, 10:10 PM
The beginning screaming was them tattling on the Milli, My guys do this when someone climbs down a stand or gets into something they instantly tattle on them by screaming like that. Pretty much like two kids saying he put his hand in the cookie jar.That's absolutely it! Salsa does exactly the same thing every time Zaf sneaks down to the floor when I'm out of the room. Sals is the biggest tattletale ever!

I believe Tony(plax) has two macaws that used to be bonded in a similar way and since have grown slightly apart, well rather one has grown apart from the other leaving the other slightly upset. I do hope I remember this right:s!Yes, you remember correctly, Justin. The only thing you left out is that Maynard tries to kill Jack whenever he perceives a chance :(

94lt1
03-31-2015, 10:18 PM
Ahh.. The macaw blast... X 3...[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji33]

jtbirds
03-31-2015, 10:40 PM
O tony I know exactly how that feels with the tattling! haha, and yeah I did remember that part, but didn't add that in as I didn't want to say anything that may have been wrong and I may not have remembered as well as I had thought.