PDA

View Full Version : My Second Bird Emergency In One Day!

keepsmiling
05-02-2013, 08:40 PM
So the phone rings. It startles Pico, who is sitting on me, as he goes to fly away his nail gets caught in the thread on the shoulder of my t-shirt!
He is twisting and making very unhappy sounds. I went into the bathroom and turned up the light real high so I could see which toe was caught. Pico is clenching his foot as tight as he can, so I am having a hard time seeing which one it is. Troy keeps calling and calling, and finally I answer and say I have the 2ND emergency today with the birds, I will call you back!!!{Picture that...stuck toucan on one shoulder, phone on the other}
Pico is now getting mad, and trying to nip any body part he can.:mad:
Finally, I got him undone...thought I was going to have to cut that too. Wow...they are trying to kill me by giving me a heart attack!:upset:

Peeker
05-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Yikes! That must have been a sight to see! Don'tcha just hate it when you are in a tough spot and the phone is ringing and ringing?

keepsmiling
05-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Thank you Peeker!

roxynoodle
05-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Wow, Carole, I think you need a nice vacation.

If it makes you feel better I'm always in the bathroom when mine rings it seems.

mistywaterwoman
05-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Good Lord!!! I think you need a nice glass of wine tonight. Or pie. Pie works just as well to settle the nerves. ;)

ShellyBorg
05-03-2013, 04:27 AM
My phone never rings unless I am doing something....Glad it all worked out ok!

keepsmiling
05-03-2013, 07:02 AM
My phone rings a LOT. Part of what I do{I work from home} is help Troy over the phone throughout the day with phone numbers, internet searches...all kinds of stuff. Let's hope today is a GOOD day!:peaceful:

Kalidasa
05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
My bird attacks my phone, and if I'm talking while she's on my shoulder she tries to rip it away. And forget texting, just forget it!

spiritbird
05-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Pie! Who said pie. How about banana cream??

keepsmiling
05-09-2013, 11:30 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

jtbirds
05-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Wow Carole I am glad to hear all is well though, I hate emergencies but sadly these gobers manage to get themselves into some bad situations pretty fast!

keepsmiling
05-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Thanks Justin and everyone. This happened right after Elfe had gotten stuck in a toy that morning...just one of those crazy days!:th_eek:

jtbirds
05-10-2013, 01:29 AM
I completely understand your days! The other night babygirl feel from her playgym(plucked harlequin so no cushion) broke her beak off, I had a day at he rescue that three birds broke blood feathers randomly and had to deal with that... It gets crazy!