PDA

View Full Version : Vet appointment for my dog :(

buddingtwigs
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
I am taking Kisses to the vet after work. She is basically a perfectly healthy 3 year old chihuahua who suddenly started crying in pain, with no signs of anything wrong. Eating/drinking, going potty outside normally, no particular spot on her body causes her to cry more, but it seems if she moves certain ways, she starts loud shrieking and hunches over. If she lays still, she is generally fine and every so often she will bop around with her tail held high and then seem to 'move wrong' and cry out. I have her crated at home to rest while i'm at work and we will go to the vet later. I am hoping my girl feels better soon! Send my girl some positive thoughts!! I feel so sorry for her!

She is also my EXTREMELY shy and submissive one, and has taken a lot of work to build any confidence in her. (When i got her a year ago, she would freak out and pee herself and fear bite anyone who came near her. She hid for days.) We have made more progress than i ever expected but she still is scared if anyone else touches her. Poor girl will be scared later, i know. Hoping it is a positive experience and helps build more confidence in her for next time. 299

roxynoodle
05-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Best wishes that whatever is wrong can be fixed easily. I can't really guess what it is but I'm thinking along the lines of a spine issue or possibly abdominal pain. Please update us when you know and you will both be in my thoughts.

buddingtwigs
05-02-2013, 02:28 PM
i was thinking of a spine issue too. :( her belly "seems" ok based on normal appetite and no potty problems. i so hope whatever it is can be corrected easily enough.

aliray
05-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Our Male minpin had pulled a muscle in his neck. That was several years ago and we couldn't figure out what was wrong just that he was in agony. We called our usual vet and they wouldn't see him for a couple of days. So we called another vet and told them the story and I said look the dog can't wait. He is in two much pain. They had us bring him right in ,xrayed him, gave him something for pain and diagnosed him with a pulled muscle and spasams that were causing the pain. Needless to say we switched vets and he recovered. Hopefully your pup will be okay

mistywaterwoman
05-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Sending good thoughts for little Kisses... please keep us updated on her condition. :love_heart:

buddingtwigs
05-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Yes, it is already getting better!! She only cried once last night and it was more of a slight cry, not a scream of pain, and is holding a normal posture again. :) She had a pinched nerve in the neck but without appearing to be any serious condition with ongoing issues. She has an anti-inflammatory pain med and i'm supposed to keep her calm and relatively still through the weekend. While she was there i had him check the spot where her hernia repair was to make sure the scarring is all good. (she had an umbilical hernia that was repaired during her spay). So she is on the mend and feeling MUCH better!!

aliray
05-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Glad to hear kisses is doing better

mistywaterwoman
05-03-2013, 04:03 PM
YAY!! Such good news. I hope she is back to normal soon. :victorious:

roxynoodle
05-03-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm so glad to hear that :)

buddingtwigs
05-07-2013, 05:16 PM
last night, all of a sudden i heard 'the stampede' and realized Kisses had tackled Pinto and the two of them were in a playing frenzy!! That is the first she has played since she hurt herself. :) She must be feeling better. She didn't cry all night or this morning so i tried her without her medication this morning. If she seems to have any pain, i will give her more tonight.
i am going to be using her vest harness when i take her out for walks for a while. i don't think she should be putting pressure on her neck and (hard as i've tried to break her) she tends to be a bit overzealous and pulls the leash quite often. She is different when alone. If i have just Kisses, she is an absolute ANGEL. When it's the pack walking, she is a wild and crazy girl.

Animalman2046
05-07-2013, 06:18 PM
buddingtwigs I am so glad kisses is doing better and it was nothing serious. Yes the harness sounds like a great idea. And about walking the pack..........girls are always a little crazy when they are around the pack (boys) ..........lol. Keep her calm, warm, and stress free she will be fine. Hugs to Kisses!

buddingtwigs
05-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I came home today and was sitting on the porch surfing the web on my phone for a few minutes.....little Kisses wanted to be with me.....and pretty obviously feels good. :)
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]