PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder...

roxynoodle
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
...what wild animals think when they see a person walking a dog? Two completely different predators attached together by a rope :ROFLMAODog:

Although not all of them are afraid of us. Today a Grackel landed on a tree branch right by my face and gave a friendly little screech, then did the happy shake and tail wag. He or she looked just like Rowdy when she does it.

keepsmiling
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
That is cute about the grackle! I have never pondered your question, but I have had a laugh at people who ask,"is that your dog?" Nope..:witless:

roxynoodle
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Nope, it's not my dog. I just stole it :th_toofunny:

Or you could mess with them some more and say, "What? This isn't a dog! It's a goat!"

That was cute with the Grackel. I guess I never realized other birds did that as well and thought it was a parrot thing. But, it makes sense of course that it's a bird thing. I also think it's interesting how brave they are. I know they will kill smaller birds like sparrows if fighting over food, but they aren't raptors (but brave as raptors).
"

mistywaterwoman
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
I think it's interesting that my lovies, though domestically bred, still want to get on the bottom of the cage and forrage through "grass" every morning for their food, lol.
I put a pile of timothy hay on the bottom and sprinkle some seeds and pellets in it for them. Sometimes I bury toys like bitty bagels in it too. ;)

I guess they are looking for seeds and bugs instinctively??

Mare
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I, also, had never wondered that but now that you mention it,,,I think a lion or tiger would LOVE it!

Kara, I had the Sassy Goffin's in the outdoor cage yesterday, it sets on our lawn, (we don't spray pesticides, ever), I was sitting inside, with her, and she jumped down onto the grass. Really cute! She started plucking the grass as fast as her little beak could. I've seen Amigo fly down to the ground and actually dig up the roots of the grass and chew on them.