PDA

View Full Version : Dang, Watson!

Mare
02-03-2015, 02:28 AM
Our son's rabbit has been living with us for a few months. He's a BIG rabbit, his breed is called a Flemish Giant. He has a whole bedroom as his "cage". The only furniture in it is a futon couch. It's tiled and I vacume every other day because he sheds like mad and he is litter trained, so thankfully, that's not an issue. He's super friendly and loves company. I let him out into the main part of the house today, just for something new and in less than 30secs., he cut two phone cords! REALLY, WATSON?? REALLY? I am now incommunicado, I have no cell phone service here :(. Thankfully, Tim will be home tomorrow, back from his two week trip, he knows how to splice wires :) I don't!

kendrafitz
02-03-2015, 02:48 AM
Ugh!! It's Murphys Law I guess. That has got to be frustrating. Silly Watson!!

coltfire
02-03-2015, 02:52 AM
Didn't he do that last time you were rabbit sitting.

Mare
02-03-2015, 03:20 AM
Yes, Steve, yes he did. You would think I would have learned but..no. The first time he did it I thought, "wow! What's the chance of THAT happening again?!" I can officially say, the chance is great! Wyatt (son) starts med school in August and will be taking Watson with him. He's been checking into housing, close to school, this past week and wants his rabbit with him, he loves Watson.

Pinkbirdy
02-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I remember those days . Many moons ago before birds . I had apartment trained rabbits . They liked the answering machine cord . Out of trying everything I put tinfoil around it.:)

spiritbird
02-03-2015, 02:10 PM
I have to hide or cover my cords in the apartment because my cat does the same thing as this rabbit.

Mare
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Terri, I remember you telling me about the foil, the last time we took care of Watson! I had taken it off since then and wasn't thinking when I let him out this time :(

Casper's 2nd best friend
02-03-2015, 07:01 PM
I know how tin foil sets your teeth on edge, but does it work on parrot beaks? Casper likes a nice cable to chew on if left unguarded. You know he's up to something if he's quiet.

Mare
02-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Jean-Pierre, try it and let us know! Yeah, when they are quiet it's time to see what they're up to!

Mare
07-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Well, my baby boy, Wyatt, and his baby boy, Watson, have flown the coop..again. Wyatt's found a real nice small place for him and Watson, in Sacramento. It has a nice, safe, small back yard area that will be nice for his rabbit. This past time with Watson, taking care of him, has been around 6 months worth. I have to say though..I won't miss his hair or having to feed him fresh/expensive/organic veggies twice a day,,he got rather expensive, he eats A LOT!

I AM going to miss my baby, though :(. He's starting the next journey of his life..Med School. He is such a fine young man to be around. I will miss watching Netflix "Fringe" marathons with him, his help in the yard, his sage advice, his smoothies in the morning and just his presence. As you can tell..I'm missing Wyatt already :'(.

spiritbird
07-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Who is more destructive and messy a bird or a rabbit?

Mare
07-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Definitely, a bird, Dianne! I will miss Watson, he has such a sweet soul but he sheds buckets of hair, not his fault at all..I will not miss that. He is a sweety, though and non-destructive..AAAND..poos and pees in a litter box! :)

Lady
07-23-2015, 12:43 AM
Oh Mare, it is very difficult when our children grow up and move away, but as you know it is a necessary part of their happiness. There is much you still have to look forward to till he returns for a visit or drops Watson off for another sitting. Enjoy knowing he is becoming the man you and Tim raised to be. I'm sure he is missing you guys as well. When the phone line gets fixed I have no doubt you will check on him and be reassured all is well.

Mare
07-23-2015, 02:03 AM
Aww..thanks Alice :). Wyatt is our youngest, he's 23 and has been in and out of our home since he graduated high school. He's always been a dedicated student and it is taking him far. Our other two kids are close, we see them often and love them dearly but Wyatt, I have a feeling, will move far away one day. He has in his mind, of being a doctor in foreign countries, poor countries in need of medical assistance. If this makes him happy..then so am I :)

Holy Moly! Who knows!, we may even get Watson back! :)

Zoo mom
07-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Sorry about your phone lines. Your son sounds like a delightful young man. I wish him well in school and life.

Mare
07-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Thank you, Zoo mom :). The phone line episode happened back in February, all is well :)