PDA

View Full Version : Update on Baby Major Mitchelle and Toe Chewing

Lee007
02-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Hi Everyone

Just thought I would update you guys on the baby Major with the Leg problem.....well He can now stand Very well but is now using his wings and anything he can hold onto to move around....any ideas on how to teach him to actually walk

He is still wearing the Cocky Collar as we are STILL having issues with him chewing his toes.

Does anyone have ideas what to put on his toes to stop him or how to get him to stop.. I dont want to have to make him wear the cocky collar forever

ANY help will be appreciated

THANKS

spiritbird
02-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Is the collar causing problems for him? There are several styles available.

Mare
02-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Hi, Lee! I guess I missed your post on why your baby bird has leg issues. Was he born that way or is it an injury?

Lee007
02-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Hi Mare...He was having problems when he came out of the nest..was diagnosed with Calcium deficiency.....I took him on to try to rehabilitate him as I am a vet nurse...ALTHOUGH..not a bird person....he was 7 weeks old when i got him..now i am very attached to the cheeky bugger...LOL

is there a site i can look at with the different collars on it....

Thanks

Lee007
02-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Mare
this is the link to my original post...i think...lol

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mare
02-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks, Lee for the original post site. Wow! I would have to say..you are now, officially, a bird person! I think it's wonderful of you to be helping this little one. I'm not familiar with bird collars, hopefully Dianne can help you with that. One thing I remember seeing on-line, maybe you already know this, is, the widest part of the cone should be facing down..not up,,if that makes sense? What's your baby's name?

Lee007
02-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Hi Mare...his name is Jethro

Ok thanks i will keep researching collars