PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon is Over

spiritbird
02-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Yes honeymoon is over. Kobe is feeling comfortable in his new surroundings. So comfortable that he is nippy to biting my fingers. I am trying to ignore this. Think he is just testing me. By placing new veggies on the play gym when he is out of the cage he has begun eating them. Celery, carrots, dandelion, and apple slices. Then when I put them in his foraging ball in the cage he continues to eat them. He steps up on my finger when inside the cage but not outside. He is too busy playing and flying around. Daisy has a couple broken flight feathers so she is sticking close by or inside her cage most of the time.

Interesting how he goes for the plant stems or stalks first and then the leaves.

PlaxMacaws
02-01-2015, 01:59 AM
The stems and stalks give him something to sink his beak into (besides your fingers) ;)

I'm glad he's settling in well, Dianne :). Isn't it funny how they become noticeably bolder (or even headstrong) once they are feeling comfortable within a new environment? It's a good sign :)

kendrafitz
02-01-2015, 02:16 AM
He looks very happy munching away!

I bet once he gets used to having freedom and all his new stuff he will be more likely to step up outside his cage. Now that he knows he is safe, he must be so excited to have so many fun things to do. Especially after his last living situation.

spiritbird
02-01-2015, 03:12 AM
Headstrong is a good description of parrots.

Lady
02-01-2015, 03:12 AM
How wonderful that he is coming along so well. I'm sure you will get him to step onto your fingers when he is ready :). Hope Daisy takes care while her new feathers come in. Sounds like Kobe is doing enough flying around for the two of them.

Mare
02-01-2015, 04:27 PM
That's nice to see Kobe being a happy bird and I agree, given more time, Kobe will start stepping up outside his cage. I love your jungle gym set-up!