PDA

View Full Version : Amazon singing?

Rachaelslp
01-28-2015, 02:19 AM
I had an amazon that I fostered for only a few months. At that time, he only said 'hello' sweetly. He was very interactive and fun, but I've seen a lot of videos where the amazons sing! Do yours sing?:th_smile:

spiritbird
01-28-2015, 02:42 AM
Not mine but a vet tech brings hers in the office and I have never heard a bird sing so clearly on key. Songs were mostly nursery rhymes. The owner played recordings to this bird many hours to help the bird learn.

Casper's 2nd best friend
01-28-2015, 03:31 PM
No singing, though he does go la la la in a tuneful way like my mother taught him.
Margaret gave up trying to play the flute with him around - he wanted to perch on the flute and nibble her fingers as she played.

Lady
01-28-2015, 05:43 PM
No, no singing from Lady either. If I can ever get her on camera she does at times try. It doesn't happen to often but every now and again she will sway back and forth and vocalize but not words as we know them.

Pinkbirdy
01-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Old video of Tequila :) [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

- - - Updated - - -

Old video of Tequila :) [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Cedardave
01-28-2015, 10:27 PM
We have a breeding pair of Tres Marias Amazons who honk like geese.But one of them...I think the female loves to laugh and laugh and laugh.She of course stops when I enter the room...but just hearing her laugh puts a smile on everyones face everytime.Doesnt sing though.

Rachaelslp
01-29-2015, 12:54 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Really funny, and he's trying so hard!!

King Parrot
10-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Amazon parrots sings really very well. Sometime you cant identify whom signing an Amazon parrot or a human being. Somehow parrots take few time to sing and some parrots starts singin in very early age may be it depends upon environment of area. A place where mostly song tune plays parrots living there can start singing very early.