PDA

View Full Version : 2 different love birds mate?

Josh
01-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Hello,

I'm sorry for I am not very knowledgeable about lovebirds but I have one blue one right now, (I haven't a clue what its called) and I would like for it to maybe mate with a green one. Will they get along and will their "kids" be normal or have an ugly color? Thanks!

kendrafitz
01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Hi Josh,
Welcome! I am not knowledgeable about the small guys but hopefully someone who is will be able to help you out.

PlaxMacaws
01-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry for I am not very knowledgeable about lovebirds but I have one blue one right now, (I haven't a clue what its called) and I would like for it to maybe mate with a green one. Will they get along and will their "kids" be normal or have an ugly color? Thanks!Hello Josh..

First of all, there are various blue Lovebirds.... so it's hard to say which species you have without a photo. There is a Dutch Blue Lovebird, and a White-faced Blue Lovebird, and a Blue Masked Lovebird, to name a few.

There is certainly a potential for two species of Lovebirds to interbreed and produce offspring. But please know that lots of folks among the avian community will advise against allowing such hybridization because it contributes to pure species diminishment. Also, it's important to note that Lovebirds may be aggressive toward one another; it really depends upon the individuals. As for hybrid color patterns... I couldn't even guess.

Maybe someone with more knowledge about breeding Lovebirds will chime in here.

spiritbird
01-21-2015, 12:54 AM
What Tony said. I advise you to educate yourself more before even thinking about breeding any species of bird. There are so many things that can go wrong. Ask yourself why?

King Parrot
10-03-2015, 10:15 AM
In these cases certain factors arrive like during birth process of human being. As far as color concern it also depend on several conditions that which sort of food are birds taking regularly as we know that the color of baby effect with the diet of parent that is happen same in the birds case also.