PDA

View Full Version : Green Cheeked Conure vs. parrotlet

AP16
01-18-2015, 05:33 AM
hello! I am sorry if this isnt the right place to post this thread.

I have a great deal of questions to ask, recently my parakeet passed away due to illness, its been a few weeks now and I decided on getting another bird. i have narrowed down my options to a parrotlet or a Green cheeked Conure but i cant decide between the two. i would rather not have to go buy an entire new cage if i dont have to, i currently have an 18x18 inch square that is 24 inches tall. keep in mind though, whenever i am home, the bird will be on my shoulder, he will only be inside his cage at night and during the day when i am at school for 8 hrs at the very most. so i am looking for a Male bird that will be good for this kind of lifestyle:

1. able to be in the cage for 8 hrs per day
2. very loving and will bond with me
3. will be friendly to those who arent the primary caregiver (me)
4. will be able to tolerate and possibly enjoy a 30-45 minute car ride to relatives houses
5. very hardy
6. not annoying with volume (screaming, yelling, ect) normal chatter and whistles are ok
7. social
8. as little nippy as possible
9. ability to train
10. best bird all around

i know its a bit of a long list, but i want to make sure i make the proper choice. yes i know that every bird is different and it will be hard to say for sure how they will act. i live in a house so i dont have to worry about others hearing noise from them. so overall what are the pros and cons of both birds and what would best fit the general kind of lifestyle that i listed?

thank you