PDA

View Full Version : Cockatoo types....

Rachaelslp
01-13-2015, 01:21 AM
What would you say is the most common too?
The most puppy-ish?
The ones that talk the best? The most?
I've worked with a U2, but not any of the rest. They are such beautiful birds!!

Mare
01-13-2015, 01:54 AM
Not a whole lot of experience here, only with my own. I have a U2 but I would guess that a sulfur-crested would be more common than a U2, only because I see them being more common.

Puppy-ish? Do you mean playful? My Goffins, Sassy can be very playful. She is also a much better talker than Amigo. Amigo says two words..Sassy has quite a vocab, comparatively speaking.

They are very beautiful birds, you've got that right, Racheal! :). They are also very dusty, as in powdery. My U2 even more so than my goffins, maybe because he's bigger, not sure. This is my observation even with daily spraying.

kendrafitz
01-13-2015, 02:34 AM
I don't know much about cockatoos. I have handled a Moloccan Cockatoo who was a dream. Cuddly does not even begin to describe him. He is actually one of the reasons my daughter feel in love with parrots.

I love that cockatoos are so cuddly and SOFT.

Cedardave
01-13-2015, 03:12 AM
I find the muluccans to be the most cuddly.Our muluccan in particular was incubator hatched and is needy...but unbeleiveable cuddly.Goffins are also pretty cuddly.I think we should all have one of each right away to find out for sure.I think the U2 may be the most common however.

Rachaelslp
01-14-2015, 01:09 AM
My U2 was so sweet and cuddly, but dusty!!! The CAG doesn't even compare!!
I think they are puppy-ish because they like to be pet and loved on!!
I'm using a U2 in my next book since that's what I'm most familiar with.
:)

Mare
01-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Oh, yes! They are cuddly! Amigo is such big love, he would hang out under my sweatshirt all day long, if I would only let him!

Rachaelslp
01-28-2015, 02:20 AM
Mine would chase me in the house looking for company. It was so cute!

spiritbird
01-28-2015, 02:30 AM
Amigo is worth writing a book about, he is so impressive and unique.

spiritbird
01-28-2015, 02:36 AM
My avian vet had a muluccan cockatoo in his office while he worked. He had his own room where he had a view of the waiting room. Whenever I took my TAG there this bird named Chuck would shamelessly flirt with her. Now Chuck learned how to play his audience watching him. Out his window were a flock of two geese so Chuck honked at them. He was just an awesome bird.

Rachaelslp
01-29-2015, 12:59 AM
Now I'll have to look up Amigo stories!!