PDA

View Full Version : An Umbrella Cockatoo specimen :)

Mare
01-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I'm sick..I love my bird to a point of no return![Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

plax
01-01-2015, 11:08 PM
MAGNIFICENT! He's such a striking guy!! :D

Lady
01-02-2015, 12:23 AM
Aww the best pics are the one's of our babies without any bars~

Mare
01-02-2015, 01:05 AM
The fact that he flys freely to get this exercise for his body, helps. He kinda reminds me of human body builders in that respect.

Cedardave
01-02-2015, 04:10 AM
I think it's great to see your guy free as a bird.Hes very lucky as are you to get to have that sort of experiance.

Mare
01-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks, Dave. Yes, he, and I, are fortunate, for sure. I wish I could let all my birds be as free as Amigo but, alas, not happening. It takes a very special bird to do what he's doing.

Rachaelslp
01-05-2015, 02:08 AM
Just beautiful! I had a baby u2 that I fostered for a while. So sweet and cuddly. He would search around the house for me when I went into another room. I would have loved to see him fly!

Mare
01-05-2015, 04:05 AM
Rachael, your foster baby sounds like a sweet pea :) When Amigo is let loose in the house, he doesn't really fly, he hops down and walks around, usually gets himself in trouble by chewing on something he shouldn't be, (antique rocking chairs, baseboards, antique end tables,,etc..you know, the fun stuff!), he's too big to fly in our home without crashing into something so, he just walks :)

Rachaelslp
01-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Rachael, your foster baby sounds like a sweet pea :) When Amigo is let loose in the house, he doesn't really fly, he hops down and walks around, usually gets himself in trouble by chewing on something he shouldn't be, (antique rocking chairs, baseboards, antique end tables,,etc..you know, the fun stuff!), he's too big to fly in our home without crashing into something so, he just walks :)

I totally understand...you should see my window sills!!

Mare
01-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Oh my God! The window sills were the first, EVER, to be initiated!! :). Gotta love 'em!

spiritbird
01-12-2015, 12:50 AM
This photo is a prize winner. What time of day was it taken? Does he sleep in your home in the winter? Didn't you write a journal about how he came to be such a free spirit?

Mare
01-13-2015, 02:26 AM
Thanks, Dianne!:). My daughter took this pic on her cell phone, about a year and half ago, he was on our roof at sunset, I brought him in right after. Amigo comes in at night, most always. Very rarely now, sometimes in the hot summer months, he refuses to come in and will sleep in his hole in the tree. I really try and get him in, in the evenings, because he's been rousted in his hole (in the middle of the night), a few times by raccoons..very scary for both him and me!

I do have stories saved about how we came to have Amigo and our journey we've shared with him being a free flying bird. One of these days, I wil share all of our adventures, my neice is wanting to help me get it rolling but as of right now, it's still a work in progress :)

Minamommy
01-15-2015, 06:12 AM
Beautiful pic Mare. I finally just put a 2x4 untreated with SS screws into the woodwork around the door of her room so she would chew that and not the woodwork which I don't know is safe. Do you think she will chew it? Nope! Heads for the other side. Stinker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PeachyDoll
08-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Sweet Amigo is the Olympic athlete of PP. Running in your signature and flying everyday. What a lucky bird!