PDA

View Full Version : I think she was empathetic!

kendrafitz
12-31-2014, 12:11 AM
Yesterday morning I was hit pretty hard with the stomach flu. Rosie, my son and I were in the family room when it first hit. So I went dashing for the bathroom. When I came out I headed upstairs to lay down. After about 10 minutes it dawned on me I forgot Rosie. Not a peep from the girl who screams when I leave her sight. I came back down and brought her to my room. As we entered my room, I got hit again. I had to race to her stand and run. Again, not a peep. This continued all day with her. She was quiet and sweet as pie.

I have read about others parrots being empathetic when their people are sick. This is the first time I have experienced it with my girl. I was so proud of her. Today, we are right back to yelling and rough housing. I have a killer headache but am better otherwise. Either she can tell or just can't be on her best behavior for two days. ;) That's Ok, I'm just so happy she was sweet yesterday.

Pinkbirdy
12-31-2014, 12:56 AM
Oh I feel for you with that flu :( sounds better though. I think your right with birds sensing things :)

Rachaelslp
12-31-2014, 01:34 AM
These birds are pretty amazing, and so smart!

plax
12-31-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm sure she could tell you weren't feeling up to par, Kendra. My guys are clearly able to tell when I'm not feeling well. They usually become much calmer as far as their usual antics... and they actually appear concerned about me when I'm feeling poorly. Zaf just wants to cuddle with me.

I hope your headache has subsided and that your stomach flu symptoms have run their course.

2birds
12-31-2014, 05:33 AM
Who would have thought there would be a plus side to having a stomach virus!! Glad you're feeling a little better now Kendra