PDA

View Full Version : Decision Made

spiritbird
12-24-2014, 02:16 PM
I am putting a deposit down on a baby Linnie from a breeder I know and trust. She was a member here but not active any more. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I have high hopes that eventually Daisy and new baby will become friends. Here is the baby photo:

Lady
12-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Aww what a little cutie! Now you have to settle on a name.

spiritbird
12-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Its the blue one. Still being hand fed.

Pinkbirdy
12-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Looks like such a little sweetie [is she being shipped to you ?]

2birds
12-25-2014, 10:19 AM
He looks sweet, congratulations. I hope daisy loves him.

spiritbird
12-25-2014, 02:49 PM
I will be driving to get little one with my good friend Ron. I do live one state away from PA. Some of you may think I jumped on a new bird fast. Daisy has such a different personality. She is quiet and aloof. I will not be able to keep them in the same cage. I went through a lot of stress last night thinking about this decision. Should I, shouldn't I? My mind saw Chipper in the cage this morning. Baby was born on 11/30 so he is still being hand fed. Sara takes a lot of time with her babies in socializing them and making sure they are ready for a new home. Merry Christmas everyone and please enjoy your day.

kendrafitz
12-25-2014, 07:02 PM
How beautiful!!! I am excited for both, Daisy and you!

Merry Christmas!!!

Lady
12-25-2014, 07:19 PM
It will be nice to have another bird at home for Daisy. Hummm wonder if you will keep "Baby" as his name??

2birds
12-26-2014, 01:33 AM
Dianne, It matters not what the peanut gallery (meaning us) thinks. Only you know what is good for you and Daisy. I wish you all the best with your new little guy and he is beautiful. I have read that linnies can be a little on the sassy side.
When my beautiful standard poodle died years ago I was devastated. I really loved that dog. I also felt the need to get another one pretty shortly after she was gone. My other dog Joe really missed her and he was alone. I found a german shepherd that was in need of a home so I took her. Just last week that same shepherd passed (she was thirteen) This time I don't feel the same way plus old Joe has another dog to keep him company. I got her a few years ago and two dogs are enough. It all depends on the situation and how you feel.

Animalman2046
12-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Di I am so glad you decided to get another little baby. You gave so much time and energy to save Chipper and he knew it. He would want you to be happy and have another baby to love the way you did him. He is smiling and flying free and he knows you will always love him. I am so glad for you and your new baby is beautiful. He will bring you much joy and love. hugs, me

plax
12-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Dianne: I understand why you might be experiencing some feelings of ambivalence right now. But I have no doubts that you will provide a superb environment for the little blue linnie. I'm sure he will make your home seem more complete. Congratulations to you :)

spiritbird
12-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Still waiting to hear from Sara about putting down a deposit. Thank you Tony for your vote of confidence. Daisy is so quiet and not eating nearly as much. She was the food bowl piggy with Chipper and always chased him away from both bowls. She does not have that competitive feeding any more. I am playing the singing sounds of budgies from You tube and she actually begins to sing with them and becomes more playful.

jtbirds
12-27-2014, 07:48 PM
goodluck with the new birdie I cannot wait to see what adventures this little guy will bring to you!

Macaw Lover
12-27-2014, 09:13 PM
If your heart feels good about it then you know you made the right decision. Every one of us are different in how we handle things and if it is right for you, then just do it.

Congrats

spiritbird
12-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Since I have received no communication from the requested breeder I am going in a different direction. I am 90% sure I am getting a 3 month old Linnie from a gentlemen in the western part of Maryland. He originally got this male Linnie to be company with his female however she soon died from old age of 9 years. Now he does not want any more birds. He is offering the little fellow for a reasonable price with cage, toys and food. I have 3 names so far for you to look at and give feedback on. Also here is his photo. He is cobalt blue mutation.

Jax
Piper
Kobe

Lady
12-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Oh he is handsome. Three months young too, great! I like Kobe because it is the most unique of the three names, and is somewhat like his color. Kobe the cobolt linnie.

kendrafitz
12-28-2014, 02:21 AM
He is so sweet looking! When will you be able to bring him home? I like all 3 names. Any would be a great choice. :)

spiritbird
12-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Hoping to get him next week. I have been telling Daisy about him. Wonder if she understands.

Lady
12-29-2014, 01:06 AM
I bet she understands your excited about something :).

Animalman2046
12-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Di I think this little one is a great choice. After all you said the man who has him doesn't want birds any longer.......awww poor little thing. Nothing worse than not being wanted. I know that you will smother him with lots of great foods, love and unlimited attention.....something he is probably not getting now. I am so excited for you and I like the name Kobe the colbalt.......lol. Good luck and hope you get him soon.

2birds
12-29-2014, 06:03 PM
I like all three names but Kobie is my vote. He's beautiful.

spiritbird
12-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Sing in the new year! I am going to pick up little Kobe tomorrow. It is about 1.5 hr. drive one way. This person has had Kobe for 3 weeks and never gave him a name and Kobe will need training. I love to work with young birds. first thing of course will be safe flying and step ups. I will begin that after a few days of him getting used to the place here. Start the flight training in the bathroom. I will be busy oh boy!!!:loveit:

2birds
12-29-2014, 11:50 PM
:love_heart:

kendrafitz
12-30-2014, 02:55 AM
So excited for you all. Can't wait to read all about him and see lots of pics. :)

Animalman2046
12-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Di I am so excited for you. I share your joy and know that you will give little Kolbe the best home filled with lots of love and all the great things to eat. He is so lucky you picked him. Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! Please send lots of pics of him ASAP......

spiritbird
12-30-2014, 11:29 PM
I am too tired tonight for Kobe details but will say he is totally adorable. Later my friends.

Lady
12-31-2014, 01:35 AM
It's all good as they say, we will be waiting anxiously when your ready. Rest well Dianne. Glad you are both home and safe.

Animalman2046
12-31-2014, 01:54 PM
Di I am so happy that you got Kobe. He sounds adorable already. He sure got the best home possible with you. Just try not to spoil him rotten right off the bat....lol. Ok well go ahead and spoil him........he deserves it and your a pro at spoiling your birds. Send pictures when you can........we want to see him. Congrats!!!