PDA

View Full Version : Parrots and Junk Food

spiritbird
12-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Anytime I have a cracker or cookie in my hand no matter where Chipper is he will fly and land on my hand to start munching. Daisy waits a while and then follows him as per usual. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Now if I had a carrot or green leaf in my hand he makes no attempts to fly to me. I think budgies recognize junk food when they see it. Does your bird do anything like this?

2birds
12-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Yes, Clover knows a bag of chips when he sees it or at least hears the crinkle of the bag.

Lady
12-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Well Lady wants whatever I have when it comes to food.

kendrafitz
12-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Rosie has a thing for cup o noodles. As soon as she sees the white cup she starts saying "want more???"

She also loves ice cream/frozen yogurt. Thankfully we dont keep it in the house, so it is only a once in a blue moon treat. ;)

PlaxMacaws
12-18-2014, 10:50 PM
All 4 of mine are fanatical about many starchy or sweet foods. Each of them will practically kill for a piece of the bread from one of my sandwiches... and Salsa will religiously emit a series of blasting screams after he's consumed the first piece I've given him, as to compel me to hand him another one. I'm glad that I use multiple whole grain organic bread for my sandwiches here ;)

spiritbird
12-19-2014, 01:37 AM
Bread is better than a sugar cookie. I made birdie wraps and they were well received. Try that sometime.

coltfire
12-19-2014, 02:56 AM
Maxx goes off his head when ever I make a sandwich, not for the bread but for what ever meat I have in it,and if I don't give him some he will fly to where my sandwich is and steal it if unattended, otherwise just squawks at me until I give him what he wants.

spiritbird
12-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Anyone interested in a new job? I thought of this a long time ago but do not think it would do too well. Deliver home made bird food like chop, birdie bread and any other item wanted by the bird and customer. Or it could be mailed out fresh. No junk food included.

kendrafitz
12-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Sounds like a great idea! Since I HATE to cook, for people or animals, I am out. ;)

PlaxMacaws
12-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Anyone interested in a new job? I thought of this a long time ago but do not think it would do too well. Deliver home made bird food like chop, birdie bread and any other item wanted by the bird and customer. Or it could be mailed out fresh. No junk food included.Wow Dianne! That sounds as if it could be somewhat of a major undertaking. I'd think there would be quite a bit of logistical planning involved as far as areas served, advertising, acquisition/maintenance of supplies and facility, required labor.. and, of course, expense. Reasonably, those particulars may need to be worked out first. I'm guessing that getting such a project started and functioning at a point where it's effectively rendering/delivering product (to some degree) would be the first big hurdle. That considered, I think your idea could work into a very nice business if done properly... But I think it may take the right person/people :)

spiritbird
12-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Agreed Tony. I am not that person. It takes money to make money as they say.