PDA

View Full Version : Shower Perch

kendrafitz
12-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Rosies shower perch has been a very bad perch. The last couple of showers, the suction cups become detached from the glass and Rosie is either hanging from one suction cup our completely dumped on the floor. NOT FUN!!

It is 2 1/2 years old and has taken a lot of abuse. My kids will yank it off the glass and throw it out of the shower if they want to shower and it is attached. Ugh.

I was wondering if anyone had a particular shower perch they LOVE? Ours is fine, I will post a pic. I don't love that it only sticks to glass. So if someone knows of a better one, I'd love suggestions.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mare
12-10-2014, 06:58 PM
No bird in shower going on here! Sorry I can't help. I have a thought, though, is this something you could hang from the door and remove without too much hassle?

kendrafitz
12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
No, it goes on the glass wall right above the metal. So the suction cups go on the glass and the legs sit on top of the very small metal ledge. Something above the door would be great though!

kendrafitz
07-14-2015, 10:47 PM
I finally got Rosie a new shower perch yesterday. When I went to get her food, they had zoo max perches 40% off so I figured I would give it a try.

We used it today and Rosie is not a fan. It is ugly and a different configuration than her old perch, but it seems secure. She sat on it, but didn't move at all and kept asking me to pick her up. Silent during the whole shower. Once I took her out, she started singing and dancing. Hoping after she uses it a few times she will realize it isn't going to eat her. It will be nice to have a perch that doesn't dump her while she is dancing during her shower. :)

Mare
07-14-2015, 11:55 PM
Birds being the weirdos that they are, I bet in no time she will be loving her new perch! Looks like a good one!

spiritbird
07-15-2015, 12:05 AM
I had that one for my grey. It worked fine. She will get used to it.

Lady
07-15-2015, 01:34 AM
I feel for her. I got a new wooden utensil (for cooking) that just isn't the same as my favorite one started to wear and splinter. I know it's not a perch but something just feel different and takes time to grow on us!

Zoo mom
07-15-2015, 08:41 AM
I got mine from I think it was bird comfort. It is a pvc perch that hangs over the door.

kendrafitz
07-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Oh, over the door would be perfect!! I will have to check that out if Rosie doesn't adjust to this one. :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Ban kids from shower. If they are boys this will be a win/win solution.

Zoo mom
07-15-2015, 01:23 PM
There is a nice over the door perch on etsy. Seller is ForBirdsSake.

PeachyDoll
08-02-2015, 03:19 AM
I'm probably not going to be much help. We have an indoor/outdoor shower. Rosie perches on the tension rod and walks back and forth during our showers.

Lady
10-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Hey kendrafitz, how is Rosie liking her shower perch these days. I saw the same perch at MSBS in the bargain basement and thought of you :).

kendrafitz
10-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Thanks for checking Alice! She still is not a fan. She gets close to the glass and stands there, immobile. I have to angle the water to go to her. Once a week or so she will conquer her fear and dance around and get soaked. :)

It is a great perch. Folds flat when we aren't using it. Hasn't fallen once. Just hideously ugly!!