PDA

View Full Version : Riley is NOT happy with me right now.

Robyn
11-10-2014, 01:54 AM
Yesterday was my first day back at work since my car was hit by a semi cab on August 20th, Now seeing as I got Riley on the 26th of August (thankfully her cage arrived and I was able to assemble it the day before) it was the first time Riley has had to deal with me getting up to go to work at some rediculus hour (this job doesn't have you starting at crazy hours unlike some jobs I have had in the past).Due to a 7am Start time I have to get up at 5am so that I have time to walk Rocky before he goes into his crate while I go to work (something he has had 3 years to get used to) and then get a little out of cage time in for Riley as I don't have all day to have her out anymore. I have found she REALLY does not like being woken up at 6am, and since it's dark when I get home I have to re wake her up to play with her again she really doesn't like being woken up. She hissed at then bit me earlier. But she eventually gave in and let me give her scritches. Now she is sitting on my chest chewing on the draw stings of my hoodie which she always has loved to do. I know she will adjust and will be even better adjusted in the spring/summer when it's not dark when I leave for and get home from work but for the time being she is not happy about having to be woken up twice a day.

94lt1
11-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Yeah.. That can be tough on a bird.. Not seeing you all day, and then being woke up.. It can make em.... Less than chipper??

The change from daylight savings time to regular time has been a tad hard on our flock.. It usually is.. But they get used to it :)

spiritbird
11-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Aw can you give Riley extra new toys and play the radio while you are away?

Robyn
11-11-2014, 02:24 AM
I play my ipod for her close to her cage as I hate the radio and all it's stupid commercials and we did a toy rotation saturday before my interveiw (which the boss was 3 hours late to but I got the job and that's all that matters at this point) so she has "fresh" toys in there but she really only focuses on one and thats the one the breeders made. She was a bit better today let me pet her and everything with no hissing or biting.

Maddy
11-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Aw poor Riley!

Lady
11-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Adjustments can be very hard on both us and them, when I have more than one day off in succession I try very hard not to spend the whole day with Lady so she doesn't think it is our new routine, but I do pop in and out to see her throughout the day. Sometimes it is not so good because she gets excited and makes quite a bit of noise to call me back into her presence. I have found for us, if I do make stops in to see her they are short and I try to bring a snack or special treat to leave with her to keep her busy.