PDA

View Full Version : Toxic foods for parrots

2birds
11-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Although most here know these things there may be some who don't so I thought I would post this link
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I guess I should have called it "Foods toxic to parrots" oh well, too late.

Lady
11-05-2014, 04:37 AM
It is always good to read and read again! Just to remind us :).

Robyn
11-05-2014, 05:29 AM
I know A LOT of people on one of my forums are feeding their tiels cabbage all the time and cabbage is one of those foods that has been on EVERY toxic parrot food list I have ever read yet it's a widely accepted practice on that forum as well as many other things that have me seriously considering leaving the forum.

Lady
11-05-2014, 05:34 AM
Good for you Robyn, do what is best for your baby and spread the word, their health and well being is first priority.

Robyn
11-05-2014, 05:44 AM
Unforuantely not all forums see it that way. Theres 2 breeders on there right now who have no business breeding and one I seriously doubt should even own birds as she has no clue what to feed the parents, how to properly care for chicks and has no idea how to handfeed not to mention she is asking questions that I would expect somebody who had never owned a bird before to be asking not somebody who has had tiels for 5 years. Then there's the one guy who thought you could look into the nest box at the eggs to see if there are any viens inside the egg. I just get frustrated and these people are actually being ENCOURAGED to breed their birds even though both people have had to ask what mutations their tiels are.

Lady
11-05-2014, 05:50 AM
That's why :pp_rocks:.

Robyn
11-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Yeah definately not thrilled with that forum.

spiritbird
11-05-2014, 01:41 PM
I often read questions from people about the breeding and raising of various species of birds. I so want to type "If you do not know how then why are you breeding them"
I am sure there must be breeders who would mentor a person like this.

Robyn
11-05-2014, 02:04 PM
I know what you mean spirtitbird makes me want to slap them with breeding books across the head.

Robyn
11-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Well one of them made their way over to AA and I wasn't exactly nice because they haven't done anything suggested by members on the other forum instead they went to AA and said this sounds hard.