PDA

View Full Version : Banner Photo Thread

plax
04-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Within this thread, please submit your bird photos for possible use on our new banner. We will consider all submitted photos irrespective of species. Bird positioning, photo quality, total number of birds that will fit nicely on the banner, and choice between other submitted images of the same species will be the only factors used to base our decisions upon.

Importantly, we ask that the images you submit, if used, be exclusive to our banner. This means that each image we select and use should not appear elsewhere on the Internet. We also ask that you grant your permission for us to retain the copyright for selected bird images.

Thanks much!

sonja
04-30-2013, 01:34 PM
I like this idea! I'll try to take some new pics to contribute, since most of my existing ones will have already been posted elsewhere.

roxynoodle
04-30-2013, 02:00 PM
I would also need to take some new photos. Is a 5 megapixel camera good enough though? I know the photos have to be of the best quality and my camera may not be up to par.

Honesty
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I would also need to take some new photos. Is a 5 megapixel camera good enough though? I know the photos have to be of the best quality and my camera may not be up to par.

Give it a go Audrey:) I can never seem to get my photo's to come out crystal clear :(

mistywaterwoman
04-30-2013, 04:16 PM
I will work on that assignment this week!! ;)

Honesty
04-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you Kara. Look forward to seeing them:)

mistywaterwoman
04-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Mine are never that great, lol. I got a new camera a few months ago and still don't really know how to work it well. :P

If you would like these in a larger size I can e-mail them to whoever is doing the banner. And I can "erase" the background for you as well, if you need me to...

Honesty
04-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Thankyou Kara, they are lovely pics.

mistywaterwoman
04-30-2013, 08:12 PM
We need some tiny birds represented on the banner, lol. ;)

Hobbit
04-30-2013, 10:50 PM
How about Baby Hobbit?? I have some "baby pictures" of him?? I will need Kara's help.......Of course!

plax
05-01-2013, 04:23 AM
I would also need to take some new photos. Is a 5 megapixel camera good enough though? I know the photos have to be of the best quality and my camera may not be up to par.You're right, Audrey. The images have to be sharp when at full size in order to retain good quality once reduced. And 5 megepixels should be plenty adequate to obtain enough quality. But even with a camera that has the potential to take very good photos, if you're like me it can still be quite a challenge at times.

One way to deal with the problem is to snap a sizable number of images of the subject during the photo shoot. If, say, you snap 100 images during the shoot, odds are that at least 2 or 3 of them will be in sharp focus with sufficient lighting. Doing it that way seems a bit like cheating I suppose. Be that as it may there are still some drawbacks. You have to dedicate the required time to snap the mass of images and it's then necessary to go through all of them and flag the ones that seem acceptable. My guess is that few people are willing to take the time to do that - I know that I don't enjoy it much.

While I'm at it, I think I'll throw in a request... I'm curious whether any of you might have a pic of one of your birds in which it's laying on its back? If the shot is from above that might be okay, but if the shot is from the side it might be even better. And if the full bird happened to be within the image frame (ie, the tip of its beak to the tip of its tail) that would be great!

roxynoodle
05-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Yes, my camera is old, and I'm not a gifted photographer, lol! I'll see what I can do.

I have a picture of Merlin on her back but it won't do. It's too far a distance and you can't see her that well. I'll post it here but I think it's not at all what you are looking for:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

mistywaterwoman
05-01-2013, 04:12 PM
It's cute though! ;)

plax
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Yes, my camera is old, and I'm not a gifted photographer, lol! I'll see what I can do.

I have a picture of Merlin on her back but it won't do. It's too far a distance and you can't see her that well. I'll post it here but I think it's not at all what you are looking for:Looking at that photo, I'd just be worried that she'd fall off of there ;). It looks to be quite a balancing act!

Shellybean
05-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Rizzy my new baby
Tikki as a baby rip

Pinkbirdy
05-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Wow Roxy I cant even believe Im seeing that [Does that happen often ?] Wonder what she thinks shes doing.LOL

roxynoodle
05-02-2013, 11:28 AM
You would think she'd fall off, lol! She doesn't do that anymore as she is nearly blind now. Now she does it on me, in my lap, or she will (purposefully) roll down me into the crook of my arm and then likes when I play with her feet.

Pinkbirdy
05-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Sorry if this is to late.[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pinkbirdy
05-08-2013, 02:08 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pinkbirdy
05-08-2013, 02:12 AM

Pinkbirdy
05-08-2013, 02:16 AM

Pinkbirdy
05-08-2013, 02:21 AM

roxynoodle
05-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Very cute photos, Terri!

plax
05-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Thanks for posting your photos, Terri :)

keepsmiling
05-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Still looking for pics?:th_smile:

Blackhawk007
05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Here are a few of mine. Red Lored's don't seem to be too popular, so I hope I provided some good ones to represent them.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

keepsmiling
05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Gorgeous!

Honesty
05-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Beautiful pics Steve:)

Who says RedLored Zons are not popular:( I am planning to get a RL at some point:)

mistywaterwoman
05-08-2013, 02:10 PM

I like how Peri photobombed the first pic, lol. If you need this in larger size files, I'll be happy to e-mail them you...

Honesty
05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Thankyou Kara. Lovely pics:) Is it possible you could take a couple of him full body, facing frontways?

mistywaterwoman
05-08-2013, 02:29 PM
She hides when I get out the camera, lol. Usually my pics of her look like this...

mistywaterwoman
05-08-2013, 05:31 PM
This is probably the best angle that I am going to get with her. You can use it if you like it. If not, I'm sorry! :/

Honesty
05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Thats ok Kara. Codie hides as well when he sees the camera:(

Mare
05-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Amigo LOVES the camera! This is an old shot but I know I've never posted it before.

Honesty
05-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Thats a lovely pic Mare:)

plax
05-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks for posting your pics, Steve and Kara and Mare!

It looks like there will be a slight change in plans concerning banner subject matter. Since we initially had very few submissions starting out, the full site banner began to take shape using selections chosen from the available images. So what I think we're going to do is create two completely separate, additional banners for the mobile site and the Tapatalk interface. We'll probably use the smaller parrots on both of those. We should be able to use several of the submitted photos to fill them nicely. At least that's the revised plan.

Each and every one of your submissions is greatly appreciated! Thanks again, so much :)

jtbirds
05-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Well Plax feel free to use any of my pictures from ether sites you know how to get them, and Steve I owned a red lored for a long time he is was great! They just arnt commonly seen in rescues I believe I know of two at the moment and those have been the first in two years:)

keepsmiling
05-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Elfe
Yuna

Honesty
05-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Thankyou Carole. They are beautiful pics of Elfe and Yuna :)

jtbirds
05-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Else and all black caps seem to have this simple beauty to them. Thanks for sharing Carole they are once again beautiful and look so happy.

keepsmiling
05-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you!
here are new pics of Pico

spiritbird
05-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Use photo as you wish:

jtbirds
05-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Spirit your budgies are so beautiful! Just stunning. And I believe as a parrot forum we should advocate for all shapes and sizes of parrots, many forums banners are made up of just bigger birds we should do one with these smaller species on as well because they hold beauty and love in our hearts to.

Kalidasa
05-10-2013, 02:38 AM
Absolutely breathtaking! Is he tame?

Kalidasa
05-10-2013, 02:42 AM
Your family is adorable! I have a yellow and a blue budgie also in slightly different shades, and they're always making out like the pic you uploaded.:woohoo-dancing-bana

keepsmiling
05-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Absolutely breathtaking! Is he tame?
Who.. Pico? Yes he is very tame, he's my buddy. Thank you.

spiritbird
05-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Thank you for your lovely compliment JT. I think it may be unusual for English and American budgies to be pals but I could be wrong. They both are still in training.