PDA

View Full Version : Not The Way to Train a Parrot

spiritbird
10-29-2014, 01:20 PM
This video is running on You Tube. Please watch it and express your opinions. If you are upset by watching a bird being restrained for 1 hour in order to train them to do something then please hit the down button and voice your opinions or better yet report it as animal abuse as I did. This was noted on another forum and I think the more that flag the video the better chance we have to get it off you tube. Do not give this so called Bird Whisperer your name or e mail address as he will stalk you the cyber way. Thanks.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

This video has poor sound so if you want to look at more here is the link: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

PlaxMacaws
10-29-2014, 10:12 PM
It's very disturbing! Flooding techniques to force an animal into submission like this should be illegal. When a bird is restrained until it's compliant (in the manner shown), it will likely not only develop severe trust issues toward humans (as well as other emotional problems), it will as well incur an increased risk of experiencing a heart attack or a stroke during the sessions. Quite simply, the technique shown in this video clip is abusive and dangerous! While I haven't watched the extent of this guy's videos, if this one represents his predominant technique then in my opinion he's in the business of profiting from animal abuse :(

Lady
10-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Oh goodness. How can anyone think that this would be a way to be anything but cruel. This is a good example of folks who just have no clue what it means to have the responsibility to love and care for a bird. It truly is sad when folks don't use their brain, let alone their heart :'(.

spiritbird
10-30-2014, 02:55 AM
I hope. You both put these comments on YT. I feel so bad for the birds he touches. Hope other people can understand how wrong this is.

jtbirds
10-30-2014, 03:01 AM
I really dislike people taking this title and making it such a horrible thing. Really it boils down to they know nothing of how to work with a bird:(.

PlaxMacaws
10-30-2014, 03:50 AM
I hope. You both put these comments on YT. I feel so bad for the birds he touches. Hope other people can understand how wrong this is.Certainly! I've done that.

PlaxMacaws
10-30-2014, 08:13 PM
One thing worthy of mention is that this particular video was uploaded on 9/25/10 (4 years ago). Most of his videos are in fact 4 years old. There is one of them, however, that shows to have been uploaded only 1 year ago.

The link for the aforementioned 1-year-old video is: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

One of the disturbing popup narratives therein states the following:

"To get your bird calm and eventually tame, hold your bird still for up to one hour in your hands or wrapped in a towel if necessary."

I can't imagine anyone restraining a bird in the manner this person demonstrates, much less doing so for up to one hour :(

spiritbird
10-31-2014, 12:29 AM
I hope people did not follow his suggestions. He needs to be restrained for that long to see how it feels. Possibly in a jailhouse.

Minamommy
03-17-2015, 01:38 AM
This guy shouldn't even be allowed near a bird. I totally agree with Spiritbird, lock him up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtbirds
03-17-2015, 02:31 AM
I know of a guy that "broke the bird" literally put the animal in ice water to "break its soul" horrible.. literally horrible he had the nerve to say he was the bird whisperer after it.

plax
03-17-2015, 02:22 PM
I know of a guy that "broke the bird" literally put the animal in ice water to "break its soul" horrible.. literally horrible he had the nerve to say he was the bird whisperer after it.Some people are not only horrendously cruel... they as well boast about their disgusting deeds and believe they deserve credit for them. And humans are the only species that behave in this manner :(

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-17-2015, 06:46 PM
A lot of people are very cruel and heartless, not only to birds and animals but to other humans as well. Often it is just ignorance but some are quite intelligent and seem to do it for a buzz. Kids get bullied at school by other kids which doesn't seem to be learned behaviour and the bullies have to be taught that it is bad.
Margaret on the other hand is an incredibly compassionate person who fortunately doesn't 'get' the idea of having pets for amusement. Otherwise we would be overrun with random wildlife.

plax
03-18-2015, 01:15 AM
A lot of people are very cruel and heartless, not only to birds and animals but to other humans as well. Often it is just ignorance but some are quite intelligent and seem to do it for a buzz. Kids get bullied at school by other kids which doesn't seem to be learned behaviour and the bullies have to be taught that it is bad.
Margaret on the other hand is an incredibly compassionate person who fortunately doesn't 'get' the idea of having pets for amusement. Otherwise we would be overrun with random wildlife.Unfortunately all very true, Jean-Pierre :(

Kudos to Margaret! :)

wingman
04-08-2015, 10:39 AM
This guy is a monster he even had his number to call on one of the videos...
.Kansas City Bird Whisper Taming & Grooming Services - 816-278-2494 I wish i knew the number to report him for animal cruelty...

94lt1
04-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Wow... Where's this at??? I'm pretty sure I can train this guy with like methods... In about 10 mins... I'd love to try.. [emoji35]