PDA

View Full Version : the way it was :(

PlaxMacaws
10-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Here are some old snaps of Jack and Maynard. They were taken prior to Maynard developing a vicious hatred toward Jack. These guys used to really adore one another... and poor Jack seems to still love Maynard a great deal. It's been quite a sad thing for Jack to experience (as well as for me to observe) :'(

Pinkbirdy
10-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Oh theyre to cute I cant take it :)

Lady
10-24-2014, 10:06 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I'm sure you are very saddened by their situation. At least you can look back and remember the happier days. Sure would be good if we understood more about our feathered friends and could find away to reunite their friendship.

PlaxMacaws
10-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Memories are funny things... even the ones which we dearly cherish may cause us pain.

Here are a few more recent snaps of Jack:

Lady
10-25-2014, 12:14 AM
His colors are so bright! He is awesome~

froggij
10-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Aww! My heart melted just a tad there

spiritbird
10-25-2014, 01:09 PM
What happened between them if you know? Are they jealous of each-other?

PlaxMacaws
10-25-2014, 02:57 PM
What happened between them if you know? Are they jealous of each-other?It all started when Zaf came to live with us in 2005. A peculiar dynamic of jealousy indeed emerged on Maynard's part. I'm however unsure what Maynard's actual perception happened to be. It's strange because neither Jack nor Maynard showed interested in forming a friendship with Zaf. And Zaf likewise didn't care much for either of them. Seemingly, though, something snapped in Maynard's mind and he became extremely blameful/resentful of poor Jack. He began attacking him viciously. Jack sustained some serious bites on multiple occasions. Then Maynard started targeting Jack from afar. Whenever Jack were on my arm or shoulder, or sitting on a perch by himself, Maynard would launch into the air toward him with lightning speed. He was like a missile and would ram poor Jack onto the floor where he would proceed to viciously bite him. This became a consistent behavior of Maynard's that showed no signs of resolving. I was thus forced to keep the two permanently separated. Sadly, the rejection and separation have taken more than their toll on poor Jack... he still feels their bond and can't understand why Maynard persists with hostility toward him :(