PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

SissyCool
10-08-2014, 01:29 AM
Hi all. I came here mainly looking for help building bird cages into my "animal house" that I'm building. I have a flock of 6 cockatiels that I've only had a few months...mom and dad and 4 offspring. I call the parents Homer and Marge and the oldest "child" is Bartleby...the youngest 3 are just now about 2 months old and 2 are white-faced which have no names yet and the other I call Butters. I also have a 25 year old DYH female amazon named HoneyBunch who I've had for 6 years. And a blue male parrotlet named Skittles that I've had about 5 years. I also have 7 dogs...4 boys are RedDog, Chuck, Charlie Bucket, and Sucki (pronounced sooky) and 3 girls are Dolly Madison, Bitsy, and PITA. AND I have 3 cats...2 girls are KitKat and Critter...the boy is JoJo. Most of my furbabies are rescues. AND...I have 1 VERY understanding husband named Will :p
Currently we live in mid-state Louisiana...soon to be moving to south Louisiana...but ultimately hope to end up in far wsw Texas. My husband is a heavy equipment mechanic and I stay home. We have a perfect 50/50 relationship...he makes it and I spend it...and he says I'm really good at my "job" LOL :P
So, that's pretty much it. And here are a few pics of some of my bunch (some are not so current pics...but what I have right now...)

Lady
10-08-2014, 01:36 AM
Hi Sissy,

How wonderful that you have rescued so many animals that needed a loving home. The pics are great and I sure hope you can make the animal house a reality. From the other pic you posted you guys already have a good start.

2birds
10-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Hello SissyCool, and welcome to the forum. I see your pups and kitties are doing what they do best. Knocked out on cozy blankets and beds. LOL. Your cockatiels are pretty and I love your DYH. Sorry I can't help you at the moment about cage builds. It shouldn't be too hard for the little ones though. I have yet to build an aviary in my yard. If I come across anything I'll send it your way.

Mare
10-08-2014, 03:09 AM
Welcome! You have a beautiful family!