PDA

View Full Version : Your opinons and thoughts on this cage Please~

Lady
09-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at different post and sights for a new cage for Lady. This is the one that I am seriously considering and from Walmart because it seems to be the best price.
If I do this right you should be able to view the pic as well as the item description information. I would very much appreciate your thoughts and opinions before I make the purchase because with all the knowledge and experience you guys have I believe I will make the right choice. Thanks :).
When the pages loads you have to scroll down a little to see the actual one I am contemplating on but not that color altho I like the color.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Macaw Lover
09-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Someone did a review of a lot of cages and this is what she had for Prevue: Prevue Hendryx (Most [all larger cages] are manufactured in China) 
I've heard awful things about their cages for smaller birds (their Featherstone Heights line is downright dangerous and inappropriate, their large flight cage is supposedly incredibly flimsy). But I have heard very little about their larger cages and their quality. A few complaints about the fact that none of their bowls are dump-proof, and one person that said their cage is flimsy and that the parts don't fit together well.

The only experience I can personally add is I once saw a large one of theirs back a few years meant for a large Macaw and I thought there was no way the cage would last for that size bird.

Lady
09-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks Renee' for your thoughts and the reply. I did read the reviews on the site and they were mixed which is part of the reason I am still looking.

Mare
09-27-2014, 04:15 AM
Alice, in my mind, there is no cage big enough or tough enough for a large parrot. I found some wonderful ones on craigslist, close to home, used, HUGE, and way cheaper than anything I could buy new. I recommend checking out the adds.

I bought our Sassy Goffin's girl a large macaw size cage that I found on CL, for $190. The folks that had it had trailers full of these cages that they had bought from a retired macaw breeder. There are bargains out there, that's all that I'm saying :)

spiritbird
09-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Looks like a nice cage to me. Amazon has it for a little less [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Lady
09-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Thanks Mare I will check out CL and see if there is anything available close to me.

Dianne, that's awesome that you found it on Amazon thank you for taking a look. I will go and take a look and maybe see if I can find something even a little bigger, I have been there earlier in the week but must of missed it.

Lady
10-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Well still on the search and found two more that are basically the same in size and price. This one is from Birdcages4less:
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

And this one from Bird Cages Galore: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Hoping to make up my mind or even find a better deal before the Holiday.

Lady
10-21-2014, 01:21 AM
:bump9:

Mare
10-21-2014, 01:43 AM
Are you opposed to used cages, Alice? Personally, I've found some wonderful ones, at more than half the price of new ones. The ones you've posted look great, though! As I've said, only my opinion, the bigger the better!

Lady
10-21-2014, 03:10 AM
Hi Mare,
No I'm not really opposed to used cages, I still looking on ebay, craigs list as well as amazon and calibex and few other sites.