View Full Version : Another New Member

jane.davies.1690
08-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Hi all... New member... first time parrot owner

jane.davies.1690
08-29-2014, 01:04 PM

plax
08-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Hi and welcome to Precisely Parrots, Jane (I hope I got your name right). Thanks for uploading the photo of your little guy... please tell us all about him :)

jane.davies.1690
08-29-2014, 03:20 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

kendrafitz
08-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Hi Jane and welcome to the forum! Your parrot is beautiful!!

jane.davies.1690
08-29-2014, 04:01 PM
His name is BLUE... I think he is about 4 and a half months old... He wasn't hand tamed and he had only left his mum 4 days prior to me having him.. that was two weeks ago... yesterday he took food off me from the cage bar so I decided to try inside the cage... He took some eventually but he is still scared of me a little... quest it's just time and patience... Their pecks are strong.. ouch.. but I didn't pull away. I'm brave haha

plax
08-29-2014, 04:31 PM
His name is BLUE... I think he is about 4 and a half months old... He wasn't hand tamed and he had only left his mum 4 days prior to me having him.. that was two weeks ago... yesterday he took food off me from the cage bar so I decided to try inside the cage... He took some eventually but he is still scared of me a little... quest it's just time and patience... Their pecks are strong.. ouch.. but I didn't pull away. I'm brave hahaI'm sure that BLUE will adapt nicely in time. Trust often takes a while to develop. But once you have it, you have it :). Patience and awareness are essential to that end.

Animalman2046
08-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Hi Jane and welcome to the forum. I am kinda new here also. I was a member for a while then left ( I am a man here and not into the computer) lol. But I recently just came back. From my past experience here you will love it here. Lots of very nice, knowledgeable people here. Always willing to help. You will meet many great people here. Again welcome.

jane.davies.1690
08-29-2014, 05:45 PM
To for the welcome.. first time parrot owner.. scared of doing things wrong and not giving him the best... feel more confident now I've found this forum

spiritbird
08-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Jane I really like the soft blue color of Blue. If you need guidance in any area of bird care please ask away. Has blue been out of the cage yet and stepping up? All in good time. If you have time just sit close to the cage and sing, read to him. That way Blue will get used to your voice. Touch the cage cage bars once in a while. Go very slow with your hands entering the cage. You may want to think about perch training prior to finger training.

2birds
08-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Hello Jane and Blue, welcome to the forum. Blue is so pretty

Lady
08-30-2014, 01:15 AM
:th_hi: Jane,
:th_welcomesign: I got to tell you I had to :giggle:when you said you are brave and you are. Beaks sure do hurt when they have a scared bird using them. I am also new and let me tell you there is so much great information on this forum. The folks here are very friendly and knowledgeable.
:congrats2:on becoming a pet parent! Blue is a real cutie. What kind of bird is he? Love his cage and all the fun toys he has to keep himself entertained.

Mare
08-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Hi, Jane and Blue! A great big WELCOME to you both!! Blue is beautiful! He/she (?) looks like a parrotlet..or Ringneck of sorts?

jane.davies.1690
08-30-2014, 02:22 PM
He's a ringneck.. yes lots of info on here that is very helpful.. what parrots has everyone else got ?

Mare
08-31-2014, 02:26 AM
I have an umbrella cockatoo named Amigo, my first bird ever, then there is the Sassy Goffin's cockatoo girl, her name fit's her PERFECTLY! and last but not least, our sweet little Chip, he's a cockatiel that was found outside. They have changed my life forever! :)

Lady
09-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Lady is a Illiger's Macaw, one of the mini macaws. Also known as a blue-winged Macaw :illigers:.

PlaxMacaws
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Jane, my 4 are Macaws. I have a Blue & Gold, a Military, a Hyacinth, and a Green-wing.

2birds
09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
My three birds are an Alexandrine parakeet named Clover

a Goffins Cockatoo named Lilliputs

and an African Grey named Poet

Maddy
09-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Hi Jane, welcome to PP! Blue is beautiful!!

I have two budgies, a citron cockatoo, and a pineapple green cheek conure. (:

jtbirds
09-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi and welcome! Sorry this is late I have been busy building a rescue:).

Minamommy
09-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Hi jane welcome sorry I'm late too. Renovating my bird room I have an umbrella cockatoo Mina.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk